Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone come across or planning to buy a matching Challenger rear license plate frame? My search is coming up empty. Looking for a Viper Blue or Bright white (or something really close) frame with "CHALLENGER" on it. Any ideas? What are you guys doing for rear plate frames on your IE's? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want one but no joy on the search. I'll keep looking before I settle for a generic Challenger one.

Same here Stoned. Hopefully we'll get some leads from the group. It was easier when I had my black Grand Cherokee SRT8. I want this one to match too. Like your new avatar. Sweet pic :bigthumb: Looking to get some more photos myself once the weather improves.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
License Frames

This is the most comprehensive collection I've found. I'm going with the chrome Challenger SRT8 version.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
License Frames

This is the most comprehensive collection I've found. I'm going with the chrome Challenger SRT8 version.
Thanks, man. :bigthumb: This is a good start. I'd prefer white with blue lettering or the reverse but do like the chrome Challenger one. I need to see how much of the lower plate is concealed by the frame (we have custom NASCAR license plates available here in NJ and I don't want to cover that up). If anyone finds more choices, please post up.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks, man. :bigthumb: This is a good start. I'd prefer white with blue lettering or the reverse but do like the chrome Challenger one. I need to see how much of the lower plate is concealed by the frame (we have custom NASCAR license plates available here in NJ and I don't want to cover that up). If anyone finds more choices, please post up.
I was looking at getting one made from here.

ALUMINUM LICENSE PLATE FRAMES: ENGRAVED AND BLANK

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
id spend the $70 for the painted frame to match my car, but they dont make it in Bright White

i think DWB on a white car wont look right...the DWB wont match the stripes will it?

chrome looks too pimped to me...

any photo's?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Same here Stoned. Hopefully we'll get some leads from the group. It was easier when I had my black Grand Cherokee SRT8. I want this one to match too. Like your new avatar. Sweet pic :bigthumb: Looking to get some more photos myself once the weather improves.

Thanks man...looking forward to seeing your pics. I'll keep searching. I'm sure something will turn up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just ordered the blue one...i will send pics when it comes in

i hope they match the blue stripes....i dont know how close to real DWB the DWB stripe stickers are?
I ordered the DWB plate frame as well today. I've been eyeing up the DWB color in general next to our stripes (even though are stripes are labeled Viper Blue), and it looks darn close.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts

put my DWB painted frame on today

the color isnt 100% match to the stripes...its alittle duller and lighter...but just slightly...

quality of the frame is perfect...paint is perfect....even got the little DWB caps for the screws

over all im thrilled and think its the best option for anyone who is anal about their license plate....

they dont make Bright White

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

put my DWB painted frame on today

the color isnt 100% match to the stripes...its alittle duller and lighter...but just slightly...

quality of the frame is perfect...paint is perfect....even got the little DWB caps for the screws

over all im thrilled and think its the best option for anyone who is anal about their license plate....

they dont make Bright White
Huggy, I thought about you when my frames arrived and am so glad you posted. You beat me to it. Ours were shipped out in the same batch I'm sure as when I called them to track it a few days ago, the guy said "Oh, I'm shipping the DWB batch out tomorrow". I received my plate frame today and haven't put it on yet or had an opportunity to take pics (nice shots BTW and perfect lighting) but I have the exact same sentiments. The color is a little off but soooo close and the paint is perfecto. Our stripes are definitely not DWB. They're called "Viper Blue" in the 2011 Challenger brochure - also not a color option from the plate supplier. Outside of ordering OEM DWB paint and being skilled enough to paint them to perfection yourself, I think they're the best looking option as well. As soon as my 392HEMI plates arrive, it's going on !! :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts