Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No sooner did I have my 14' RT back home and I ordered a blastin bobs res. delete and got to chopping - it literally woke up my ear drums. About 8 months later I'm still looking for that "muscle car" sound. Any suggestions on what muffler to pop on there in conjunction to the delete? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
6-speed or auto?

I thought about experimenting with different mufflers to maintain the good sound but kill the drone, decided I didn't want to play that game and bought a Solo Mach-X cat-back. Definitely feel like it was the right choice for me and the price for the kit is a steal.

Some videos for comparison.

Reso delete vs Solo Mach-X

Solo Mach-X driving, the "thumping" is more pronounced in the video than in person and there's more snarl in person than in the video

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Its a 6-speed. Heard lots of folks talking about Flowmaster American Thunder as a viable option also but hard to get a feel for stuff without hearing it.

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
Absolutely, that's the hardest part. Not to mention what one person likes another person might not. A lot of people have gone through a number of cat-back systems trying to find the right sound for them. For me, I had to get rid of the drone but I didn't want to lose the sound on the outside. Other people don't care about drone (Makes your ears feel weird, gives me a headache, makes your voice sound odd when you're talking in the car) and are only after sound.

If you're unsure then I would try and find a local Challenger club/group and listen to what they've done.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks man. Its a 6-speed. Heard lots of folks talking about Flowmaster American Thunder as a viable option also but hard to get a feel for stuff without hearing it.
There are a lot of great videos on Youtube that may be helpful. Make sure that you wear a set of headphones when viewing exhaust clips online. Also, the best videos will show vehicles that are actually in motion. You really want to be able to tell what the exhaust will sound like when there is a load on the engine. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts