Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 2013 R/T Classic for 5 years, driven it 65K miles and have not met my exact twin.

I've seen other R/T classics with the matte black stripes (only a few), and every one had black interior and chrome wheels. I've never seen another Black R/T Classic with Black R/T stripes, Radar Red leather AND the gun-metal gray wheels. I've got the sun-roof too.

I even perused the Black Challengers thread and didn't find one.

Frankly, I can't recall seeing another R/T Classic with these wheels.

Does anybody have or has anybody seen my exact combination?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,605 Posts
Yours was getting near the end for the Envy wheels by '13 - part of the year had Envy wheels, then the Daytona (5 spoke w/ black pockets) came along that replaced it.

The Envy wheel started with the '11 R/T Classic (Green with Envy was one of the special colors for R/T-C or SRT only). It became the standard R/T-C wheel for '11 / '12 and then other wheel options on R/T-C models came online.

Then the Heritage II wheel came back on as an option.

So yours it a bit more rare in the combination + Radar Red interior.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
With the number of options available on a Challenger, it's pretty easy to make a million in one car. I generally only look at 4 items, exterior color, interior color, engine, and exterior options (ie stripes, etc.).

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yours was getting near the end for the Envy wheels by '13 - part of the year had Envy wheels, then the Daytona (5 spoke w/ black pockets) came along that replaced it.

The Envy wheel started with the '11 R/T Classic (Green with Envy was one of the special colors for R/T-C or SRT only). It became the standard R/T-C wheel for '11 / '12 and then other wheel options on R/T-C models came online.

Then the Heritage II wheel came back on as an option.

So yours it a bit more rare in the combination + Radar Red interior.
Great info Hal. Thanks.

So was this "Envy" wheel the standard wheel on the R/T Classic in '13? Or did someone have to specifically choose it? Would Dodge have just made this car configured this way (Red leather, Envy wheels, black stripes on black car) or do you suspect it was a special order?

I bought this car used (with 600 miles on it). According to the dealer, the original owner purchased it (went into service late November, 2013), and after driving it on snow one time (Baltimore area), decided that it wasn't the car for him. Traded it back in three weeks later (mid December 2012), where it sat on the showroom floor of a Toyota dealer until March 2013, when I found it on Autotrader and I rescued it from Maryland (for $7500) less than the original sticker price, and took it home to Western PA.

·
Super Moderator
15,605 Posts
Great info Hal. Thanks.

So was this "Envy" wheel the standard wheel on the R/T Classic in '13? Or did someone have to specifically choose it? Would Dodge have just made this car configured this way (Red leather, Envy wheels, black stripes on black car) or do you suspect it was a special order?

I bought this car used (with 600 miles on it). According to the dealer, the original owner purchased it (went into service late November, 2013), and after driving it on snow one time (Baltimore area), decided that it wasn't the car for him. Traded it back in three weeks later (mid December 2012), where it sat on the showroom floor of a Toyota dealer until March 2013, when I found it on Autotrader and I rescued it from Maryland (for $7500) less than the original sticker price, and took it home to Western PA.
The Envy wheel was standard equipment, unless the other wheel choices were ordered.

Yours was spec'd by the dealer -

Since the following options:

>Sunroof
>Radar Red leather

are optional items.

Black stripe color is the default stripe on R/T-C.
Dark Slate (this is what they called the 'black' interior color) leather was default interior

optional are:
white stripes
red stripes

with certain color restrictions.

Example - you can't get:
white paint + white stripe
header orange + red stripe
torred + red stripe

FCA sends out reports to dealers on recommended options - based on general trends as what are popular options and the dealer can use that in ordering floor stock or go their own direction.

I've seen some oddball orders - Scat Pack with cloth interior, A8 and ACC and no other options.

Sometimes you'll see a loaded model and it doesn't have Driver Conv. Group [HID, blind spot / cross path detection] which would be odd to have a $40K+ model and still have halogen headlights for a relatively inexpensive option...HIDs used to be a $700 stand alone option when it was offered that way.

Reactions: K-Dawg
1 - 6 of 6 Posts