Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

I am looking for the name and part number of this central rod from the gear shifter assembly of a 2010 dodge challenger rt 6 speed. Love the car, just cant seem to find anything except the whole assembly part number.

Thank you all and happy hemi day 4/26
Bicycle part Nickel Gas Engineering Electric blue

All,

I do apologize, I should have mentioned that if anyone has the measurements for the central rod, I am willing to just fabricate the items via a lowes/home depot run.

Thank you again and I do appreciate your time

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
Johnson Rod/Knipeal Pin, either/or.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, Helluvacat and Pioneer4X4. Really do appreciate the info.
We appear to have too many projects going at the moment and one of the transmissions returning from the shop looks to have had lost the part somewhere amongst the travels. Probably on our end, as the shops here are great and it is easier to assume we are at fault then them.
I will try to find a cheap replacement or a used whole shifter assembly replacement. It is unfortunate to order a whole assembly for this one part, but there are many worse things in life and this is just too much fun.
Have a great day

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,113 Posts
A lot of Challenger M6 owners change the stock shifter out for a Barton or Hurst shifter. I’ll bet there’s a lot of them floating on eBay or the like for a fraction of what Dodge would charge for it. Good luck in your search.

Or look at Steve White Dodge parts website. May find something there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Fyrdude,

Thank you for the input. I will scour ebay and various used parts outlets. My perfunctory look revealed shifters without that center link as well, but I will commit to investing time this evening. For a side note, I am always amazed by this community, people with thousands of posts and many years as active members offer advice to those of us just entering the field such as myself. A much needed change to what we encounter in the world most days.

Good day all

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
Thank you both, Helluvacat and Pioneer4X4. Really do appreciate the info.
We appear to have too many projects going at the moment and one of the transmissions returning from the shop looks to have had lost the part somewhere amongst the travels. Probably on our end, as the shops here are great and it is easier to assume we are at fault then them.
I will try to find a cheap replacement or a used whole shifter assembly replacement. It is unfortunate to order a whole assembly for this one part, but there are many worse things in life and this is just too much fun.
Have a great day
Just a clarification, I was TOTALLY joking, those are common (at least Johnson Rod) made up part names. Like Muffler Bearings and others.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pioneer4x4,

Yes sir, I just find it best to not engage when things appear flippant either through acts of commission, ommission or accident. We all have too much to do and too little time anymore. I do appreciate all the advice along the way. No worries at all.

-Have a good day

·
Registered
37 Posts
A lot of Challenger M6 owners change the stock shifter out for a Barton or Hurst shifter. I’ll bet there’s a lot of them floating on eBay or the like for a fraction of what Dodge would charge for it. Good luck in your search.

Or look at Steve White Dodge parts website. May find something there.

The part he needs has to be transfered from the original shifter to the Barton or Hurst shifters. I think the best place would be a used parts house online, from a wrecked challenger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
KT4000m,

Thank you for the advice. The part that came up missing is unfortunately for a project with the wounded warrior support group. We decided to go ahead and purchase a new/used assembly tomorrow or Wednesday so we could move forward. Should be a good moment when it all comes together.

I appreciate it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts