Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to lower my Challenger to get rid of the factory lifted look and to improve the ride and handling. So about a 2" drop or maybe a little more.

I have tried springs/shocks on some of my previous vehicles in the past with mixed results, so I have decided to go the coilover route this time out.

I have a 2012 RT-Plus automatic, a base model with no factory suspension upgrades other than a limited slip differential (well that's actually a drive-line upgrade).

It is my daily driver, so I don't want the ride to be too harsh.
Which coilovers do others who have upgraded recommend?

Thanks
Bowman9

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have the same car as you 2012 R/T base model but I do not want to change my ride height but I do want better handling you have any suggestions??

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Another vote for BC. Mine are working great and for the money they're one of the few coilovers to also come with dampening adjustability.

·
Banned
642 Posts
X3 on the BC racing coil overs. Quality pieces as well. Love the ride and the damping adjustment makes a huge difference in ride quality. I tried the harshest setting (which was not good for every day driving on Michigan roads for sure). Then went to the softest setting which again was a huge improvement in ride quality and where I keep them now. Plus you have more or less an infinite vehicle ride height adjustment to get it where you like it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also will I need anything special for installation?
Caster/Camber plates?
Camber Adjustment Bolts?
Bigger sway bars?
Shock or strut tower braces?

·
Banned
642 Posts
Also will I need anything special for installation?
Caster/Camber plates?
Camber Adjustment Bolts?
Bigger sway bars?
Shock or strut tower braces?
It depends on how low you go. The top of my tires are pretty much even with the fender lips in the front and rear so it is pretty low (at least 1" lower than when I had the Eibach Pro's on the car). The rear camber was -2.3 degrees on both rear wheels.

I installed SPC rear offset bushings and SPC adjustable upper control arms in the front (adjustable ball joint). Alignment was back to stock specs with just those 2 changes (rear camber was at -0.7 after bushing installation).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts