Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start back at the beginning and change my underhood look to a more retro look. I haven't been on the forum much the last couple years and I couldn't find much doing a search so I thought I would start a thread. Please post any ideas... Thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
All About The Retro

Can't find it, but one guy added the old SIX PACK air cleaner; another made the fuse box module look like the old high performance Mopar battery. Both mods came out great.

Other than that, you'd probably have to stick with mods that "imply" retro looks. If you have the 5.7, I'd suggest painting the engine cover Hemi Orange. I'd also suggest using retro emblems and decals that would be in the 1970s Challengers. Ebay can be a good source for the emblems and decals.

I have the 3.6 so I added chrome fins to the engine cover similar to how the Mopar performance 1970s air cleaners and valve covers were black with chrome (aluminum?) fins. I also painted the "3.6" and "VVT" red and white, as most Old School engine call-outs were red and white.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Here's some pics to give an idea. The 5.7 engine has a better engine cover to work with. I also removed the hood liner and painted the hood scoop inserts.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I did a bit. But yes it is hard with modern engines. Some wire loom and coil pack covers. Even did some slightly different hood badges.
That clear catch can collector looks like one of the best ideas I have seen for a while, why are they all not like that?

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Billet Technology also makes ID tags that are similar to the old school fender tags.

Attachments

Reactions: georgethedog

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts