Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Challenger Scat Pack and I am fixing to do my interior vinyl wrap. How do you take apart the center area around the shifter (automatic)? Specifically the brushed aluminum panel. Does it just pop off with proper tools? I haven't been able to find any videos or forum post about this part. I'm not new to wrapping interiors but for some reason this area is giving me issues and I obviously don't want to break anything. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
that trim bezel pulls up - the clips may be tight, so you'll have to work all around it to work it out gradually.

you don't want to bend it (its aluminum). The console controls are attached to the bezel, so you'd have to unplug the connectors if you're trying to remove the bezel completely away from the console.

The thing to be careful is the trim immediately around the shifter - there's clips around that, and some owners have broken that thin plastic surround - be careful of that to avoid that issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that trim bezel pulls up - the clips may be tight, so you'll have to work all around it to work it out gradually.

you don't want to bend it (its aluminum). The console controls are attached to the bezel, so you'd have to unplug the connectors if you're trying to remove the bezel completely away from the console.

The thing to be careful is the trim immediately around the shifter - there's clips around that, and some owners have broken that thin plastic surround - be careful of that to avoid that issue.
Thanks that's exactly what I needed to know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts