Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
2020 Challenger GT - Pitch Black w/Blacktop package
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, not sure if this is in the right forum but I'm looking for some guidance on an issue I'm experiencing with my foglights.

Here's the situation: I grabbed some headlights from xenonpro.com and double checked the fitment tool to confirm I was getting the right stuff. The website also recommended an anti-flicker harness based on my year/make/model. Fine, no problem I trust that this organization knows more about this than me. I ordered the kits, all installed no issue (ok it was a pain but I got it done). Now the fog lights intermittently power off, on and then back off again. No issues on my headlights, the fog lights will turn on initially but then the on/off thing starts.

It seems the local Dodge dealer is a little unsure about next steps. What have you all heard or seen on something like this? What are the right words I should be using here to convey this?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,477 Posts
The fog lights came stock on the car, right? Meaning, these aren’t ones that were added to a non-fog light car and then enabled to work like they came stock on the car, right?

105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fog lights came stock on the car, right? Meaning, these aren’t ones that were added to a non-fog light car and then enabled to work like they came stock on the car, right?
Original purchase has standard halogen headlamps and fogs (that worked just fine no less:ROFLMAO:). I bought a set of LED for each.

·
Premium Member
9,477 Posts
Original purchase has standard halogen headlamps and fogs (that worked just fine no less:ROFLMAO:). I bought a set of LED for each.
k, that’s what it sounded like, but wanted to make sure.

so is the anti-flicker harness something that can be removed to test the LEDs without it? Or is it built into the LED bulb assemblies and not separable?

·
Premium Member
9,477 Posts
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As best as I could tell. It's obvious which end plugs into which, but I had to try to plug it in both ways, sort of like how you never get a USB plug in right the first time? I just tried it both ways to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong.

·
Premium Member
9,477 Posts
As best as I could tell. It's obvious which end plugs into which, but I had to try to plug it in both ways, sort of like how you never get a USB plug in right the first time? I just tried it both ways to make sure I wasn't doing it wrong.
Are the LED bulbs themselves separable?

Although I guess if they came assembled, it wouldn’t matter, so n/m...

I was wondering if they might be susceptible to the same sort of thing turn signal and stop/tail bulbs are when plugging into a formerly incandescent socket - only one way actually works even though both ways allow it to seat. But this doesn’t sound like it can be “a thing” with your setup.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Get These:

They are white and match the factory HID's.
No anti flicker harness needed
Had them in for awhile and no problems at all

·
Banned
429 Posts
I purchased some LED Fog light bulb like this pretty inexpensive

White Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Product

I didn’t buy no kit, nothing I just plugged them in and no issues no flickering nothing,

As far how they illuminate the road i can’t tell cus I have my headlights on but it was more aesthetics so my fog lights match HID Headlights

The only thing I came across was that it seemed that I had them crossed, I installed them, they didn’t light up then I cross the bulbs and reinstalled and they work perfect no flickering it seem odd but i didn’t care I got them to work lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
429 Posts
Get These:

They are white and match the factory HID's.
No anti flicker harness needed
Had them in for awhile and no problems at all
I got the 6k led bulbs they don’t exactly match but it’s the closet you are going to get, once turned you can see a slight difference but for me it’s no big deal cus it better than the yellow looking stock ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts