Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Need some expert help. 2015 RT with STP. Purchased and had installed ST X coil overs, SPC front control arms and Bwoody LX rear upper control arms that are .120" longer then stock in order to account for lowering. Hotchkis sport sway bars (F&R) along with Bwoody end links (stock lentgh). Note I am running 275s all around.

Car rides amazing, body roll significantly reduced upon acceleration, braking and cornering. Truly a different car over the STP shocks, struts, and springs, along with new stock sways and links. Can't say enough about the upgrades in that department. Now the problems, always problems it seems.

Problem number 1: We did the minimum drop which brought the car down about 3/4" F&B, and there is some very light rubbing happening on the outside of the tires. Fronts seem to be hitting metal (lines up to the outer fenders) and the rears seem to be simply hitting the plastic wheel wells as the rubbing is not chunking the tires just making a light mark.

I'd like to avoid throwing money at the problem with guesses so I need some advice from folks with similar experiences.

Should I investigate:
1) Rolling the outside fenders a bit more (only possible on the front)
2) Running 245s again (ugh)
3) further camber adjustments

Or is there anything else that can be done?

Problem 2: left rear camber was unable to get back to specs, I should have gone with adjustable links instead of fixed (my mistake) left rear is at camber +0.5 and right rear camber is -0.8 .... not sure if the subframe is miss aligned or simply I got the wrong parts and needed adjustable links. Leaning towards the latter. In fact pretty much convinced.

This whole game has been tricky.....lots of moving parts. Problem 1 is a bigger issue...

Last point, the shop I don't believe did anything wrong the guys were great. I think the problem was me trying to get this package to work on a wing and a prayer.

Any advice is more then appreciated!!!!

I will say the car rides amazing, but got a couple problems to resolve. I

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
should add the fronts were lowered all the way and the rears are at the top end of adjustability - shop said he's seen the ST's act like that in order to get level (seems odd).... point is i could go up on the fronts but I have no play to go higher in the rear.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,744 Posts
I am no expert, but will ask some questions to get this started. These are stock, OEM wheels? 275s, even lowered should be no issue at all, makes me wonder if you have aftermarket wheels with odd offsets? They sound to be pushed out in the front, and in in the rear.

Car has been aligned? No obvious camber issue that could explain this?

A Guy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
275/40R/20 on stock RT with super trak pack rims.

I will post some pics later today. Looks awesome and, rides awesome if i can fix this i will be stoked.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am no expert, but will ask some questions to get this started. These are stock, OEM wheels? 275s, even lowered should be no issue at all, makes me wonder if you have aftermarket wheels with odd offsets? They sound to be pushed out in the front, and in in the rear.

Car has been aligned? No obvious camber issue that could explain this?

A Guy
Nope, stock rims for RT with STP 2015

Current alignment specs. Not ideal, especially left rear, again I think adjustable rear controls would fix that up....

IMG_3521.jpg

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
My guess is you are running the fender plastic liner not the metal fender. Still seems unusual with stock wheels and a light drop

What you can do is slice along the length of the plastic liner in the arear rubbing, which you can identify by how shiny and clean those areas are.

Ive done this to the front and rear

You can also introduce some negative camber (-1.5 - -2 ish ) the bring the top of the wheel inward giving you more clearence (sacrificing tire life mind you) but you shouldn't have to do that

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMG_5443.jpg

IMG_5441.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5439.jpg

Some pics to help guide. Not sure if those are rub marks or just new wear and tear from alignment change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,744 Posts
On the front, you are having rubbing (with associated noise) when turning? When bottoming out over dips? Or are just looking at the tires and assuming rubbing?

In the rear, as mentioned, any shiny spots on the inner plastic fender well? I have never heard of anyone having any scraping with stock rims and 275s before

A Guy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for helping out. I am not hearing rubbing. I am looking at the tires. Attaching two new pics showing what looks like an odd line that I don’t recall ever seeing before. I’m looking at that line which has sharp defined line. I did check for rubbing in the plastic nothing noticed
IMG_5449.png

IMG_5448.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts