Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My question is, if you recently got a Trinity for your 2012 SRT, did it make you roll back your PCM to Cal ID ending in "AD" from "AE"?

I got my Trinity before tuning was released for the '12s and installed the tune the first day they were out and it made me roll back my PCM to "AD".

I have yet to be able to modify my tire sizes, even after the latest updates. When I try it just tells me "parameter not found"...

I was thinking maybe this was due to the PCM roll back and maybe later versions of the canned tunes will work with "AE" and not require the roll back. If this is the case I'll have my dealer flash the ECU back up and maybe then I can modify tire sizes.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had that issue since September and DS couldn't figure out why I couldn't change my tire size. Yes my id is AD. Didn't even know it was supposed to be AE.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah, mine was built near the end of the '12 run and had a Cal ID ending in "AE". The Trinity made me roll it back to "AD" before I could tune it.

The last I heard from Diablo Mike was over a year ago, "we're working on it...".

Kind of sucks, tire size manipulation was one of the big selling points for me. My speedo is off 2.7% right now due to my 275/40s on the back which means I'm logging an extra 270 miles per 10000 that I'm not actually driving. Probably seems trivial to a lot of people, but I have a calibration tech background from the Air Force and I'm really anal about precision...

It drives me crazy to be driving 77 mph on the digital speedo while the Passport 9500ix GPS is telling me I'm going 75.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I went back and forth with DS in September and nothing.
I was also thinking taking it in to see if there are any updates and if they'd reflash it but wasn't sure if it'd effect my custom tune.
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago here that said there's a new update for the trinity and fixed the tire size issue. Not sure.
I hope mike can shine some light on this.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
I have a 2012 and both my stock and B&G ECUs are AD. I can change tire diameter on both, haven't tried changing tire size which should be the same thing. Try changing the tire diameter instead of tire size and see if you can do it that way. Mine works when I load a new tune or with a quck adjust.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Old thread, new info...

I took my SRT8 in to the dealer today and let them flash the ECU up to CalID "AF".

Got home, plugged in the tuner and it made me downgrade back to "AD" again. But, now I can change the tire size parameter with no issues. Finally...

HEMIZSP, if you are still having issues this may be your answer as well.

Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Old thread, new info...

I took my SRT8 in to the dealer today and let them flash the ECU up to CalID "AF".

Got home, plugged in the tuner and it made me downgrade back to "AD" again. But, now I can change the tire size parameter with no issues. Finally...

HEMIZSP, if you are still having issues this may be your answer as well.

Funny you say that. I just got back from the dealer about an hour ago. Just took it in to get the latest updates. Got a flash. Also updated my trinity with the latest version. But have not uploaded my tune yet.
I spoke to mike at DS and asked him about the issue we were having and he said the update might work. I know another member said the issue was resolved when he got the latest updates.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it'll work now. Will report back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts