Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a ProCharger and PC had their own tune to install. I would like to perhaps get an even more custom tune, especially something that can increase my throttle response. is it worth it to get a new tune? IF so, does anyone have a tune to recommend?

Also, because I got the PC now, is getting a air/fuel gauge a must?

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Hi Challytatz,

I would recommend getting a wide-band O2 sensor installed with an AFR gauge. You have to be sure you aren't running to lean it can do some serous damage. You can also have issues running too rich but lean will make things burn really hot, susceptible to detonation etc.. Additionally if you want to get a good tune you will want a good AFR reading.

Not sure if you are familiar with the Diablo tuners.. If you get the Trinity tuner you can work on getting a tune via email. Josh with HHP is really good. I hear good things about Sean with Hemifever as well.

Note: You can also use the Trinity as the AFR gauge. I ran an analogue line into mine from the wide-band.

Good luck!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Challytatz,

I would recommend getting a wide-band O2 sensor installed with an AFR gauge. You have to be sure you aren't running to lean it can do some serous damage. You can also have issues running too rich but lean will make things burn really hot, susceptible to detonation etc.. Additionally if you want to get a good tune you will want a good AFR reading.

Not sure if you are familiar with the Diablo tuners.. If you get the Trinity tuner you can work on getting a tune via email. Josh with HHP is really good. I hear good things about Sean with Hemifever as well.

Note: You can also use the Trinity as the AFR gauge. I ran an analogue line into mine from the wide-band.

Good luck!
I'm not too familiar at all with the gauges, would I just need that one? I've seen pillars with 1-3 different gauges...I just feel like the canned tune that ProCharger had my installer use is weak...maybe I'm wrong

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
I'm not too familiar at all with the gauges, would I just need that one? I've seen pillars with 1-3 different gauges...I just feel like the canned tune that ProCharger had my installer use is weak...maybe I'm wrong
Well if you go with the trinity you have everything you need for logging.. You can just use it when you need to log to adjust the tune and not have permanent gauges installed. If you want to monitor all the time you can go with the gauges and select whichever you want. Typically for a tri-pod for SC it’s RPM, AFR, boost. As for the canned tune I'm not sure how they set you up. ProCharger is a reputable company I would think they would have you load the tune run it and send them logs back to evaluate how the tune is acting with your engine. Sometimes the tunes need tweaking even when it's canned for a specific config.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Challytatz,

Good luck!
I actually just this second purchased the tune from HHP! Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
I should mention I'm not running a SC, I went with cam, heads, headers, exhaust and 4.29 gears. Even at that It took a couple of tunes to dial the throttle in. Is your car much slower off of line since the SC install?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should mention I'm not running a SC, I went with cam, heads, headers, exhaust and 4.29 gears. Even at that It took a couple of tunes to dial the throttle in. Is your car much slower off of line since the SC install?
No, it launches like a beast so far, I just want quicker response if I want to kick it while in 3rd or 4th.....rolling etc...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts