Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 RT and recently put on new wheels and tires. I have 255/45/20 on the front and 275/40/20 on the rear. I'm wondering if there will be any problem lowering the car with a wider tire up front.

I'm looking at going with the Eibach Sportline springs. Anyone who uses these what are your pros and cons?

Anyone recommend any other springs?

Are there any other issues I need to be aware of?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
The 255/45s are actually taller than the 275/40s. You can likely get away with the 275s up front also...I know I had them on all 4 corners of my 2006 Charger SRT. Hopefully, other Challenger R/T owners will be able to chime in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2013 RT and recently put on new wheels and tires. I have 255/45/20 on the front and 275/40/20 on the rear. I'm wondering if there will be any problem lowering the car with a wider tire up front.

I'm looking at going with the Eibach Sportline springs. Anyone who uses these what are your pros and cons?

Anyone recommend any other springs?

Are there any other issues I need to be aware of?
I have them on my 2008 SRT8 with 275/40/20 front ands 285/40/20 on the rear, no problems but be prepared for a slightly stiffer ride and watch the speed bumps and entering a driveway, you may scrape the front lip and exhaust so remember to slow down, you'll still scrape the exhaust sometimes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 255/45s are actually taller than the 275/40s. You can likely get away with the 275s up front also...I know I had them on all 4 corners of my 2006 Charger SRT. Hopefully, other Challenger R/T owners will be able to chime in.
What the heck no matter how slow I go the exhaust scrapes the big speed bumps unless I approach from an angle, but I do have a Zoomers catback with 3" pipes so the 1/2" could be the problem.
But the car looks so sweet riding that extra bit lower

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, everywhere I've been looking so far I get a lot of info on the SRT side. I know the suspension is different between the R/T and SRT so I was looking to hear from some of the R/T owners.

The bolt on the control arm is pretty close to the tire. Didn't know if this would have an impact on lowering.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
You may look into adjustable coilovers. If it rubs and scrapes, just raise it up a little. Im running KW V1s and they ride excellent and does not lean nearly as much around corners.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Chris, I have adjustable BC coil overs in my R/T (after first having lowering springs).

I would strongly recommend going with coil overs so you have a range of adjustability in ride height. And with the BCs, I can also adjust dampening, which allows me to dial in the ride characteristics to my liking.

You're more than welcome to go for a ride sometime in mine to get a feel for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris, I have adjustable BC coil overs in my R/T (after first having lowering springs).

I would strongly recommend going with coil overs so you have a range of adjustability in ride height. And with the BCs, I can also adjust dampening, which allows me to dial in the ride characteristics to my liking.

You're more than welcome to go for a ride sometime in mine to get a feel for it.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
I've been very pleased with the Mopar Stage One springs. Factory Heritage rims and "stock" tire size on mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts