Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 challenger RT 5.7 with long tube headers. I also have a trinity tuner already. I have done some research and called procharger. The guy recommended I get the d1sc head unit in the tuner kit. My question is if I would buy the complete kit for the injectors and boost a pump is it worth it? Will the car run with the tuner and tune that comes in the complete kit with my headers. Thanks in advance guys!! I’m new to this

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I have a 2010 challenger RT 5.7 with long tube headers. I also have a trinity tuner already. I have done some research and called procharger. The guy recommended I get the d1sc head unit in the tuner kit. My question is if I would buy the complete kit for the injectors and boost a pump is it worth it? Will the car run with the tuner and tune that comes in the complete kit with my headers. Thanks in advance guys!! I’m new to this
The car would run and drive fine with just the headers, but I'd only drive it like that to the dyno shop, not long term. I'm sure factory tune is pretty fat but even so the headers will lean the mixture a bit and lean+boost is not good especially if u have a stock bottom end.

Reactions: MiHiHemi

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
My 09 R/T ran sweet with a Kenne Bell Blower. 2.8, twin screw, liquid cooled. Only other was a mild suspension mod for wheel hop, skip shift eliminator, functioning hood scoops. New owner loves it. Sweet. 50 state compliant unlike the Whipple.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think it’s worth it to buy the complete kit or buy the injectors and map sensor and fuel pump separate and then have it tuned at a dyno shop? Also do you have any experience with the trinity? Once my car is dyno tuned is the trinity useles?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Do you think it’s worth it to buy the complete kit or buy the injectors and map sensor and fuel pump separate and then have it tuned at a dyno shop? Also do you have any experience with the trinity? Once my car is dyno tuned is the trinity useles?
You could always use the Trinity in the future for tuning/data logging/ as a scan tool etc.
How much power u going after?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
I really don’t have a target number. I would like it to be streetable but like 600-700hp but we all know it’s addictive lol
I wouldnt use a Boost a pump then. Definitely a fuel pump upgrade. For up to 700whp there's the API single pump from shophemi. For 700+ run a Fore Dual Pump. A2speed closed down so there single pump is no longer available.

If you dont plan on more than 750whp, look into the P1X head unit. Might save a few bucks over the D1 and they make basically the same power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s the head unit I was going to buy. When I called procharger and talked to a tech he said it doesn’t fit my car because the housing hits the strut tower. He also said the d1sc is only a $50 upgrade from the p1x. When I called summit racing to get a price they were the ones that informed me first of the figment issues so I called procharger to confirm and he said the same thing. I really appreciate you help to by the way

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Interesting that hemi shops offer the p1x then. I thought the only difference from the p1sc was the internals. 05033224AB - this is the map sensor you will need but it will not bolt right up to the stock manifold. It requires minor trimming for the connector which is no issue but it uses a 2 screw connection which is different from the 5.7 manifold. The procharger kit includes an adapter

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
There's a guy on the other challenger forum who has a p1x, wouldn't let me post the link here.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Awesome thank you. I did notice that map sensor says for an srt8 will it still work on my 5.7
So that's actually a PT cruiser turbo map sensor lol. But it is a direct fit on the 6.1 intake manifold cuz it uses the same 2 screw mount. The 5.7/6.4 are different and that's why the procharger kit comes with that adapter I posted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats what I found out after doing some research after reading lol. I just wonder if procharger sends the adapter in the “tuner kit” if you don’t buy the map sensor from them. The map sensor from them is $150 it looks like which is kind of expensive for a 2 bar map sensor. If it’s 150 cause you get the sensor and the adapter I guess I can see paying 150

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
This seems to be the adapter for the 5.7 WITHOUT the sensor. For some reason WITH the sensor the price jumps to $200. I'd buy them separate and save a bunch of money.

Edit: found this "Call procharger and ask for replacement part number AIDD1I-016, I paid $37.20 for the adapter last year. Also ask for 1 of part number AIDD1I-017 which is the oring and 2 of CS03CI-8SS which are the bolts." - from scatpackforums

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks so much for the help you’ve been. You have answered a ton of my questions. I did see that post too when I was reading through other people’s stuff. If you think of anything else let me know. The only other thing I can think of is do I need new fuel lines I saw some people saying the break? And how many lbs. injectors do I think I need?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,298 Posts
Thanks so much for the help you’ve been. You have answered a ton of my questions. I did see that post too when I was reading through other people’s stuff. If you think of anything else let me know. The only other thing I can think of is do I need new fuel lines I saw some people saying the break? And how many lbs. injectors do I think I need?
Ive heard stock fuel lines are good to about 700whp but I'm not sure. As far as injectors something like 60lbs if you're on 93 is good up to 800 crank hp. Hellcat injectors are a good option.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts