Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,536 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I assume base SXT, not Plus (Houndstooth seats, 5" Uconnect) ? Packages from factory besides Blacktop? Mods you've done (I see exhaust, usually won't increase price, may decrease price). Condition (any defects, damage)? Any open recalls (Cruise Control)?

Your location will also make a big difference. You might go to Carvana and see what they offer. Generally a private party sale will get you most, but how much is not dealing with that hassle worth to you?

Just generally assuming SXT, only Blacktop, and no mods that will bring value down...$14k - $17k maybe? All depends on how fast you want/need to sell, and finding the right buyer

A Guy

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I assume base SXT, not Plus (Houndstooth seats, 5" Uconnect) ? Packages from factory besides Blacktop? Mods you've done (I see exhaust, usually won't increase price, may decrease price). Condition (any defects, damage)? Any open recalls (Cruise Control)?

Your location will also make a big difference. You might go to Carvana and see what they offer. Generally a private party sale will get you most, but how much is not dealing with that hassle worth to you?

Just generally assuming SXT, only Blacktop, and no mods that will bring value down...$14k - $17k maybe? All depends on how fast you want/need to sell, and finding the right buyer

A Guy
my loan is 22,850. i trying to get out of it. luling texas.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,536 Posts
Oy. I'd still say $17k-$18k tops, sorry to say. Go to KBB and see what they say, the low end of trade in is likely what a dealer would offer on trade in. More answers to the questions I asked will likely get you closer to the actual price

Carvana, CarGuru, AutoNation. Vroom, CarMax, TrueCar... all places to get an idea of what going rates are in your area. Good luck! I'm sure others will chime in when they see this as well

A Guy

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
430 Posts
Sorry, but with that mileage and being a base SXT you're not going to break 20k. I have a '19 SXT Plus with AWD with 5500 miles and can only get in the 20's according to Truecar and KBB. These cars lose value quickly.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
Clean it well before any pictures, brillo pad those exhaust pics before taking another picture that close.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Sorry, but with that mileage and being a base SXT you're not going to break 20k. I have a '19 SXT Plus with AWD with 5500 miles and can only get in the 20's according to Truecar and KBB. These cars lose value quickly.
That tends to happen when you overpay and put 60k miles into a car in the first 2 years of its life.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That tends to happen when you overpay and put 60k miles into a car in the first 2 years of its life.
I bought the car used. It came with those miles. The exhaust was wrong so had to fix it some how. Needs tires.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I bought the car used. It came with those miles. The exhaust was wrong so had to fix it some how. Needs tires.
Sorry, let me rephrase.

That tends to happen when you overpay or put 60k miles into a car in the first 2 years of its life.

You paid $22k+ for a high mileage SXT?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not a value adder, but I'm dumbfounded how you owe that much... I literally paid $35k for my 2013 R/T Classic brand new with 0 miles (while I was deployed in Kuwait) how you get a SXT for $13k less and all those miles? Is this a troll thread? Are we being trolled?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a value adder, but I'm dumbfounded how you owe that much... I literally paid $35k for my 2013 R/T Classic brand new with 0 miles (while I was deployed in Kuwait) how you get a SXT for $13k less and all those miles? Is this a troll thread? Are we being trolled?
nope this is real deal, I own 22,580, right now. At the time I like it, but I now I know it's bleeding money. Bought it for 24,000.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, let me rephrase.

That tends to happen when you overpay or put 60k miles into a car in the first 2 years of its life.

You paid $22k+ for a high mileage SXT?
Yes I did. It seemed like a good deal at the time. It was 20,000 plus taxes and stuff so it came out to be 24,000 total.

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
430 Posts
Sorry to say but you got taken for a ride. I paid a few thousand more for a '19 with 0 miles, a plus package, a bunch of other options and AWD. But that's neither here nor there.

If you need to get out from under it you're going to take a loss based on market value and will have to pay off the difference before someone else takes ownership. Unless dealers do it differently I don't think they'll take a car that has an outstanding above market value loan on it. They will pay off loans but not above what they are offering.

Reactions: Zo Maq

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
nope this is real deal, I own 22,580, right now. At the time I like it, but I now I know it's bleeding money. Bought it for 24,000.
Bud, I don't know how to tell you this, but the money has already been bled. If you're not hard up for instant cash, just keep driving the car.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I didn't want to say it, but Sublime19 is right... I just found a 2017 Challenger GT for 23,995 with 24k miles at my local dealer. Sometimes the best deal is not the best deal. As for how you get out the situation your in, either you sell it at a loss like Sublime said, or you keep it and pay it off. Either way, your out a few thousand dollars.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Being upside down, and assuming you can make the payment, you are just going to have to keep driving it till you can pay it down.

I'm assuming you got a five year note, so try and pay off $14k in the next two years and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
If you have GAP insurance, I do hope you asked for that, park it in a bad neighborhood with the keys on the hood.
If you really need out of it and don't care too much about your credit, park it in front of your house and call the bank, tell them the keys are in their car waiting for them to come pick it up.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
If you are hung up on being responsible and doing things legally, pay extra on it until you are no longer upside down and then sell it.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
Yes I did. It seemed like a good deal at the time. It was 20,000 plus taxes and stuff so it came out to be 24,000 total.
If the extra $4,000 has a bunch (I assume) of warranty crap, like wheel/tire damage, maintenance, other stuff, powertrain, bumper to bumper...
Those can all be cancelled for a prorated refund. Look into that.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts