Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
So my 2010 SE is almost paid off and warrant will pretty much be up soon as well. I am eventually planning on installing the supercharger but I wanted to build the motor up a little bit before going to the forced induction. As of now I have done all pretty much cosmetic work to my car since I didn't want to void my warrant early. So far all I have done as far as bolt ons go is the flowmaster force II catback exhaust and K&N intake. I am going to start getting all the pieces together for the engine build which will include inertia version 1.1 cams, long tube or short headers?, fastman ported throttle body, maybe hi flo cats, diablo intune, and haven't decided on the inertia performance heads yet. The supercharger would be the last piece to put on and I am hoping to get at least 350hp to the wheels realistically, I would be pleased with more than that. For all the gear heads out there I guess the question is for this set up would it be worth it to purchase the performance heads? Long tube or short tube headers? and would the hi flo cats really help? I am no expert by any means and I have never done these type of mods on the internals of a motor....idea or input would be much appreciated. Once I get rolling on this I would be more than happy to keep you guys posted on the results with photos :browsmiley::smokin:

oh and just trading it in for a R/T is not an option...I really don't feel like starting a new loan all over again (i know some might say just get a R/T)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
One advantage on long tube is that you can get them with bullet cats vs get shorty and then paying a shop to build custom head pipes. I would look at home porting you heads, typical bowl clean up as the heads have to come off anyway. I think full build with a stage II supercharger is 340 to the wheels. so if bucks no object a 4.0 would go a long way to 350 whp.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thats something I will have to think about..the performance heads are at least $1K, but I am not in a rush. I want to gather up all the parts by the end of this year then start working on it next year. I probably will just go with the long tube headers...thx for your input oldman.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
pocket port the heads and clean up the ports grinder and sand paper say $150.00 it will flow within 95% of a professional port job, and really be within 5 HP of a pro port given the state of tune you are looking for. a 4.0 liter engine would add far more HP and they can be had for say $500 at the local yard, they are not "heavy sellers".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts