Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 5.7 rt im looking to upgrade my differential and I have no clue what would b the best idea for upgrading the most bang for my buck has anyone done this upgrade if so what do u suggest I’d really appreciate any help I can get I just want it to b faster right now when my gears change it’s like they slide smoothly into gear I want it to grab and go if u know what I’m saying also I got offered a 2015 hellcat differential at a good price but from what I’ve read it doesn’t look like it will work by chance do u know if it would work and if yes would it help thank you for your time

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts
any 2015+ differential would entail lot of expense to make it work for your 2014
-different IRS cradle
-different half shafts
-different rear hubs
-different driveshaft (and front half coupler is different design)

so while its "possible" its there's a lot of parts to change out and that's not cheap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any 2015+ differential would entail lot of expense to make it work for your 2014
-different IRS cradle
-different half shafts
-different rear hubs
-different driveshaft (and front half coupler is different design)

so while its "possible" its there's a lot of parts to change out and that's not cheap
Do u have any ideas as to what I could do to upgrade the differential then and I’m also having a super hard time finding a roller rocker arm kit for my car do u happen to know a website I might b able to find them at or if the Chevy 5.7 rockers would work they have some that say adjustable and self adjustable so I didn’t know if maybe they would work

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts
Is your R/T A5 or M6?

the diffs available were 3.06 (all A5s) or 3.73 or 3.91 for M6

If yours originally was a open diff (smooth case) A5, then you still have parts to change over to get the Getrag limited slip (all SRT 392 or M6 R/T use Getrag limited slip)
-there was an option for limited slip on A5 R/T models - if yours has it the case of the diff would have cast in cooling fins. Not a common option but some had it.

even then you're going into different half shafts and different driveshafts since the open diff is different from limited slip diff.

There's no adjustable rocker arms for Gen III Hemis I'm aware of.

The design is completely different from any GM engine. Chrysler uses rocker shafts, which GM doesn't

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do u have any ideas as to what I could do to upgrade the differential then and I’m also having a super hard time finding a roller rocker arm kit for my car do u happen to know a website I might b able to find them at or if the Chevy 5.7 rockers would work they have some that say adjustable and self adjustable so I didn’t know if maybe they would work
Mine is an A5

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is an A5
Thank u so much I really appreciate the info I’ve got so many upgrades going on at one time it gets hard just to order all the extra parts u will need when u run into all the speed bumps here and there but I’ll check to see If I’ve got the limited slips or not thank you

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Here is the on
Thank u so much I really appreciate the info I’ve got so many upgrades going on at one time it gets hard just to order all the extra parts u will need when u run into all the speed bumps here and there but I’ll check to see If I’ve got the limited slips or not thank you
Is your R/T A5 or M6?

the diffs available were 3.06 (all A5s) or 3.73 or 3.91 for M6

If yours originally was a open diff (smooth case) A5, then you still have parts to change over to get the Getrag limited slip (all SRT 392 or M6 R/T use Getrag limited slip)
-there was an option for limited slip on A5 R/T models - if yours has it the case of the diff would have cast in cooling fins. Not a common option but some had it.

even then you're going into different half shafts and different driveshafts since the open diff is different from limited slip diff.

There's no adjustable rocker arms for Gen III Hemis I'm aware of.

The design is completely different from any GM engine. Chrysler uses rocker shafts, which GM doesn't
These are the only roller rockers that I am aware of for the Gen III Hemi. The peformance gains you will get from going to rollers will not be worth the cost if that is why you are wanting to go with those.

Here is an example of what HalH was referring to. The splines into the Differential has a higher count so you end up having to swap axels and hubs if you switch to the Getrag LS Diff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts