Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 R/T Classic, 5.7, A5 auto trans, 3300 miles. I would like to upgrade the brakes to larger diameter discs and prefer slotted, calipers and less dust producing pads.

What about SRT brakes, are they a bolt on?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
If you have stock RT rims...

You will need to get a wider rim for the brakes to fit. Lot's of guy's have done it. I believe they needed to adapt a few components because they may not simply bolt on.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
SRT brakes can be swapped but you will need rotors, caplipers, lines as well as the knuckles. This makes it pretty pricey as finding used knuckles is difficult. If buying new that gets the cost up there and aftermarket systems become a much better alternative. In addition you will also need to change wheels to clear the brakes.

Our most popular upgrade for the RT is the Baer Pro Plus System. This is a direct holt on for the 5.7, these are also 6 piston vs the 4 pistons on the SRT bremebos, the best part is they clear the oem 18" challenger wheels as well as the 20" chrome clad oem wheels
Here are some links
Baer Pro-Plus Front Brake Kit 05-14 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7L
Baer Pro-Plus Rear Brake Kit 05-14 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum 5.7L

If you like we can price out the oem SRT setup as well, but when looking at new parts you will easily be over the cost of the Baer setup, especially when you factor in new wheels.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went with the rotors and pads that Speedlogix offers.

A1 drilled & slotted rotors front and 12.5" rear with Hawk HPS pads front & rear. Rotors are lower RH corner pic.

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
I went with the rotors and pads that Speedlogix offers.

A1 drilled & slotted rotors front and 12.5" rear with Hawk HPS pads front & rear. Rotors are lower RH corner pic.

What was the $ damage? I'm looking to do the same.The squeal from my brakes is really pissing me off.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RWL11, drilled & slotted rotors were $588.76 and the Hawk HPS front & rear pads were $150.76 for a total of $739.52. Shipping to Las Vegas/Henderson, NV was $24.74 and will take 3-4 days. Local dealer is doing the install for $300.00.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
RWL11, drilled & slotted rotors were $588.76 and the Hawk HPS front & rear pads were $150.76 for a total of $739.52. Shipping to Las Vegas/Henderson, NV was $24.74 and will take 3-4 days. Local dealer is doing the install for $300.00.
Thanks! I'm looking into a few options, and your $ figures will help me make sure I am getting the best deal possible. Let us know how they workout!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Save $300 by installing yourself or finding a shop that will only charge you for an hour of labor. $300 is a lot for a very easy job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts