Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat Widebody
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going through my ordering system this morning. Looks like we got a good allocation!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Scroll down on the color list, what's listed below? I thought no dealer got multiple demons.
That's one ugly car, saw it in NY Auto Show.

·
Registered
14,270 Posts
I thought no dealer got multiple demons.
No, to qualify for a Demon you must have sold at least one Hellcat in the last 12 months and many dealers will not have done that so some dealers will get multiple Demons. As to how many you get is based on a formula of total Hellcat and total Challenger and Charger sales.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat Widebody
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, to qualify for a Demon you must have sold at least one Hellcat in the last 12 months and many dealers will not have done that so some dealers will get multiple Demons. As to how many you get is based on a formula of total Hellcat and total Challenger and Charger sales.

He is correct. Its a 60% SRT Hellcat Sales and 40% Challenger/ Charger Sales. Also you must have sold at least 1 Hellcat within the last 12 months. We sell at least one a month so we are good.

·
Registered
14,270 Posts
A dealer near me claimed they would be getting 10 of them. Not sure I believe them but they do move a lot of cats.
Gwinnett CJD outside Atlanta supposedly has allocation for 8 Demons.
Looking at your pic, does that mean we can order a F8 Green now? Non-Demon BTW.
Usually you can't order a color until it's close to going into production. Demon is different I guess in this respect due to the allocation system where all cars must be ordered in 90 days of allocation. You won't see F8 Green until January 2018 at the earliest, so guessing ordering begins for it mid to late November for cars other than Demon.

·
Registered
733 Posts
When I look at the Barrett Jackson auction on TV, I'm amaze at their play money. And often you see their wife next to them, and cheering him on like it's a game. That's the kind of elite cash that you and I can not even imagine. You know they got their houses, cars, and the wife already got more diamonds than a typical mall store. And only then...the men are "allowed" to bid for that 70 Cuda.

So I can imagine guys drop $40K over, just because they can.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat Widebody
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im going to hit you guys straight and you might NOT believe me however I did two Demon orders today and we did MSRP. Factory is HOLDING all over MSRP deals until At or Below MSRP cars are sold. Since I work at an amazing dealership who actually cares about our clients, we took care of them. All 4 of our allocations are being sold at MSRP. No adds or any other stipulations besides a deposit.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Im going to hit you guys straight and you might NOT believe me however I did two Demon orders today and we did MSRP. Factory is HOLDING all over MSRP deals until At or Below MSRP cars are sold. Since I work at an amazing dealership who actually cares about our clients, we took care of them. All 4 of our allocations are being sold at MSRP. No adds or any other stipulations besides a deposit.
Actually I read an article on line that said Chrysler is holding the dealers feet to the fire. Basically all the ordered cars are pre sold and Chrysler sees the transaction prior to the order going in. A car under msrp gets built before a car at msrp. The car also has the buyers name and serial number engraved on a fender tag too, as stated in the article, dealer can't be clairvoyant and have the correct name on the fender if it's a stock order so they can market adjust the car. A buyer isn't going to want a car for that amount with someone else's name on it.
Greed finally caught up and is biting them in the butt.
Your dealer may be better than most but their "kindness" is being forced by mama Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
ITS pretty bad when you can bring your dog along and when the dog barks and what ever the car is on the block he buys it .His garuge is a mall that he redone to the 50s style and has over 700 cars a lot more then JAY LENO I wish I could do that I guess I can dream.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
ITS pretty bad when you can bring your dog along and when the dog barks and what ever the car is on the block he buys it .His garuge is a mall that he redone to the 50s style and has over 700 cars a lot more then JAY LENO I wish I could do that I guess I can dream.
Nah, I'd say hard work paid off royally.
Some have had better outcomes than others but it starts with the person in the center.
One Barrett Jackson buyer is a major home builder and started as a local guy and grew. Many people look at these types of guys and knock them, I prefer to say job well done. Does anyone need multiple dozen or hundreds of cars, of course not but it's their money do enjoy it all.
I started with ZERO other than my two hands and a desire to achieve and currently have seven vehicles four of them are new.
Yes, it can be done. I've worked very hard for it all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts