Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Who says no cams for 5.7? I believe they do!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Without getting into a fire war you must have some bad intel.

·
Registered
451 Posts
BW... tell us what you know.. any links?

·
Registered
86 Posts
only cams available are the ones arrington and inertia have (which are basically same), i just had the arrington blue series installed at arrington, and no its not very lopey, but does have a nice idle and great power increase. and they are tuneable as well.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
only cams available are the ones arrington and inertia have (which are basically same), i just had the arrington blue series installed at arrington, and no its not very lopey, but does have a nice idle and great power increase. and they are tuneable as well.
What gains did you see?

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
With the 5.7L vvt motors, you guys are very limited on cams. Thats one of the reasons I went with a 6.1L based stroker and got rid of the 5.7L

Unless BW and his infinite knowlege of everything that is hemi has different info.

·
Registered
864 Posts
With the 5.7L vvt motors, you guys are very limited on cams. Thats one of the reasons I went with a 6.1L based stroker and got rid of the 5.7L

Unless BW and his infinite knowlege of everything that is hemi has different info.
thats all ive read, that there were a couple options of slightly larger cams, but no really aggressive ones that were tunable. If he knows anything Im definitely interested!

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
my stock baseline was 333rwhp/345trq, end result was 375rwhp/385trq

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
MaJoR LeAgUe InFiDeL said:
my stock baseline was 333rwhp/345trq, end result was 375rwhp/385trq
wow, I would call that significant!

Any other mods besides cam & tune to get your 40+ hp increase?
was going to ask the same question - do you have any other mods at all?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Gents- there are many cams available for the 5.7, from no lope to extremely lopey. Some you won't need any ancillary parts like springs or modified heads, obviously you will on the higher end cams.

See here: Camshafts

It's largely in the tune; I'm having an SRTMax cam installed in my 6.1 as I write this. If you live in the DFW area, there's a superb shop called SNL Performance near Ft. Worth. Brian Sailor is well known in the local DFW LX club (large club, lots of highly modified 5.7's and 6.1's). Superb tuner.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Gents- there are many cams available for the 5.7, from no lope to extremely lopey. Some you won't need any ancillary parts like springs or modified heads, obviously you will on the higher end cams.

See here: Camshafts

It's largely in the tune; I'm having an SRTMax cam installed in my 6.1 as I write this. If you live in the DFW area, there's a superb shop called SNL Performance near Ft. Worth. Brian Sailor is well known in the local DFW LX club (large club, lots of highly modified 5.7's and 6.1's). Superb tuner.

The issue isnt a 5.7 cam, it is specifically the 09 and later 5.7 VVT cams.... Earlier non VVT 5.7s can run all the lope they want and are tuneable, but the VVT 5.7 cannot becuase it is supposedly "untuneable" with a lopey cam. What untuneable means is subjective and nobody really gives any details, like exactly what syptoms does it exhibit? The Inertia link you provided shows 3 cams that will work with the VVT 5.7, the Spartan Eagle, Crazy Jay Eagle, and baby Eagle, all relatively mild, non-lopey cams.

·
Registered
86 Posts
only other mod is flowmaster mufflers, i have some jba shortys and catless mids going on next week. and yes, the 09+ cams are the issue as it is VVT, 08 and under are free game. its the piston to valve clearance as well on the VVT motors which makes it impossible to run a huge lopey cam. i will say this, the arrington blue series for the 5.7 is not bad at all..nice power, and there is a small lope to it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts