Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new Challenger RT and picking up this Wed. Salesguy needed my insurance agents number so I called him last night with info. I also asked nicely if the car would be detailed before I pick it up since they were driving it up from another dealership nearly 2 hours away. He agreed it would be and I asked him to please not have them put one of those "dealer stickers" or badges on the vehicle that advertised where you bought the car. He then seemed to become annoyed and said that "all vehicles that leave the lot must have a dealer advertising decal and that if I wanted it off I would have to remove it myself"! I expressed to him that I am the customer paying you for the vehicle and a service and you have no right to tell me what I want on my vehicle. He said that was dealer policy and his manager wants it that way. I told him to ask his manager if I can put a decal or badge of my choice on his car to see how he likes it! He then laughed me off. I was pretty annoyed!

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Tell him you get $100 a day to advertise his dealership. Make a contract out and have him sign it. Do this before you sign the paperwork. It will be off before your do e signing paperwork

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
They did the same thing to me, idiots. It came off real easy as soon as I got home. I don't even think the adhesive had a chance to cure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
152 Posts
They did the same thing to me, idiots. It came off real easy as soon as I got home. I don't even think the adhesive had a chance to cure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Piece of Strong Fishing Line... run it under the emblem like a saw blade, they come right off.

Then I tossed it back on the salesman's desk.

Reactions: PSM450

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
It amazes me how dealerships shoot themselves in the foot by dictating things like this. Back in 2010 I test drove a Ram P.U. The dealership here automatically preloads a bedliner in all their trucks. I let the saleswoman know that I always get a spray in liner on my trucks and if they would remove the drop in liner and credit me the outrageous charge for it. She said they would remove the liner but I would still have to pay for it. I simply left that Dodge dealership and went over to the Chevy dealer that does not preload anything and bought a Chevy truck. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
They act like they have the right to put a ******* sticker on your car. It has always pissed me off. Best way to get them off is to heat it with a hair drier first!

A word to the wise... DO NOT LET THEM DETAIL THE CAR!!! It will get little scratches and swirl marks. The detail guys don't give a rats ass how good of a job they do and they use inferior products. Bring it home dirty and detail it yourself with the proper products.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
I don't know why dealers put those ugly stickers on anyway. Nobody looks at them and I certainly wouldn't go to that dealer just because I saw that little sticker.

Just tell them you want to buy the car "as built" by the factory and don't accept any additional add-ons.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Yrs ago a dealer put his stickers on a new GTO after he was told not to. he took him to court and won. im not sure how much he got for advertising. I told the dealer when I got my Challenger in 09 the same thing and have on all my other cars. I got a nice rear plate holder with the dealers name on it so that fine since it was HO. ran it far awhile and change to another plate holder.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
They act like they have the right to put a ******* sticker on your car. It has always pissed me off. Best way to get them off is to heat it with a hair drier first!

A word to the wise... DO NOT LET THEM DETAIL THE CAR!!! It will get little scratches and swirl marks. The detail guys don't give a rats ass how good of a job they do and they use inferior products. Bring it home dirty and detail it yourself with the proper products.
^^^^^This right here. It might seem a little odd driving away from the dealership with a less-than clean car...but they will put more scratches and swirls into the paint than you can imagine.

·
187 Posts
This reminds me of the Chevy dealer by my house where I grew up. They would order all of their pickups without rear bumpers. They had a local company that would build bumpers that had the dealership name engraved in the bumper. The only way you could fix it was to replace the bumper!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Piece of Strong Fishing Line... run it under the emblem like a saw blade, they come right off.

Then I tossed it back on the salesman's desk.
That's a real good idea. Never thought of fishing line. I think this dealership uses those stupid stickers. When I bought my last vehicle (F-150 Raptor) the dealer was told NOT to put it on but did so anyway. I stood right at the big glass window of the dealership, pealed it off slowly and let each letter hit the ground. then I left.

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
I had a sweet 1989 Buick LeSabre T-Type Coupe, man I loved the look of that car, it was my first brand new car! A year later I had brake issues, and had to take it to a different dealer. Well, this car had a pocket for the rear plate, which you accessed by opening the trunk and sliding the plate in. Yep, the jerkys slid their OWN clear plastic sheet in their logo over the plate..... You shoulda seen the look on the kids face when I told him to "take that POS thing off of my car!".
buick.jpeg

:guiness:

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
^^^^^This right here. It might seem a little odd driving away from the dealership with a less-than clean car...but they will put more scratches and swirls into the paint than you can imagine.
Do not let them detail the car under any circumstances. Spend an afternoon doing.it yourself, it gives you a chance to learn your car and start to bond with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do not let them detail the car under any circumstances. Spend an afternoon doing.it yourself, it gives you a chance to learn your car and start to bond with it.
Yes, I should have listened to you guys. The detail job is horrible! They must have used some cheap carwash wax or something because the entire car has a greasy feel to it and leaves fingerprints if you so much as think about touching it. I was afraid since I live in NE PA that if it didn't get a good coat of wax on it that it would look like crap until the next nice warm day (which could be months from now). I tried to use some Meguires quick detailer on it but since it is so cold here it just smeared and made it look worse. The next nice warm day it's going to get an entire day dedicated to making it shine! On the bright side there was no dealer emblems to peel off since I warned them not to even think about putting them on.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just got mine back today from the dealer. Nice and dusty. I know what im doing tomorrow!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Luckily I've have a good relationship with my small dealer. I use to work there in high school. One of the salesman is still there. We have bought our last three cars from him. He takes the time to listen to us, asks questions, locates a car, and tries to find us all the rebates possible. He couldn't locate the Challenger I wanted so we ordered it. I asked not to install the front plate bracket, even though front plates are required in WI. No problem. The front bracket was waiting for me in the trunk. He is an hour away from me and even though I have so many more dealerships that are closer I keep going back to him for the service.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I said the same thing to my salesman and he didn't put it on , said he understood.

One time for another car I had the dealer pull it off before we left the dealer lot :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's not necessarily the salesman's fault that he's required to put the dealer's decal/sticker on the car. Many dealerships require every car to have their dealer's logo before they leave the lot. Those rules obviously come from the multi-millionaire owner of the dealership. Now, some dealerships are pretty understanding when you ask to have it removed. If you just tell them that it's a show car and you can't have the sticker on it, they'll most likely understand.

But also, they aren't difficult to remove if they won't do it themselves. Takes no time at all to get them off yourself and most, if not all, leave little to no stickiness behind.

·
Super Moderator
14,214 Posts
I hate dealer stickers and always remove them.

When my 2009 Challenger SRT 8 was delivered from Frederick Dodge it did not have a sticker and the front bumper was not drilled. That's because Bob Frederick is a car guy and would never do that to his own ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts