Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 dodge challenger 5.7 has went into limp mode and is throwing code u0170 and u0101 and p1129 p1128 I just put new o2sensors in but it has put me in limp mode and can't figure out problem

·
Vendor
13,395 Posts
vehicle involved in an accident??

U0170-LOST COMMUNICATION W/UP-FRONT LEFT SATELLITE ACCELERATION SENSOR

U0101-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH TCM

P1129-CLOSED LOOP FUELING NOT ACHIEVED - BANK 2

P1128-CLOSED LOOP FUELING NOT ACHIEVED - BANK 1

·
Vendor
13,395 Posts
U0101 is probably what is causing limp mode

CAN B OR CAN C BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED​
DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES​
TIPM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY​
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE​
TCM POWER AND GROUND​
MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC​

·
Registered
2010 Furious Fuchsia SRT8 . 57/400
25 Posts
try doing a hard reset ...mine did that and that reset everything and it was fine. any little change freaks these cars out.

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,894 Posts
Several of the Accelerator Booster units will also put a car in Limp when least expected.... Guy in a local Mopar Group had one in his Challenger after 18 months he said it just went into limp as he was accelerating to get on the Interstate ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vehicle involved in an accident??

U0170-LOST COMMUNICATION W/UP-FRONT LEFT SATELLITE ACCELERATION SENSOR

U0101-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH TCM

P1129-CLOSED LOOP FUELING NOT ACHIEVED - BANK 2

P1128-CLOSED LOOP FUELING NOT ACHIEVED - BANK 1
yes it was, whats that mean?

try doing a hard reset ...mine did that and that reset everything and it was fine. any little change freaks these cars out.
Ive tried to hard reset, ive tried every reset i found. Still nothing.

Do you have a Pedal Commander or similar item on your car?
No

U0101 is probably what is causing limp mode

CAN B OR CAN C BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED​
DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES​
TIPM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY​
TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE​
TCM POWER AND GROUND​
MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC​
Where would you start trying to track down. Ive done a hard reset and a tcm pcm reset and ive cleared codes and check engine light wont go off and traction control obs lights won't go off. And limp mode still on

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,425 Posts
If the CEL + error codes + limp mode appeared concurrent with the replacement of the O2 senors you need to check your installation of the sensors.

It is entirely possible a problem with a connector or the wiring harness happened -- inadvertently I'm sure -- during their installation. The wiring of a car becomes more fragile as time passes. Even new wiring needs a gentle touch. But 11 year old wiring? The less handling it receives the better. 'course, if the sensors are bad they are bad. I've had replaced -- by a dealer tech -- O2 sensors for a 10+ year old car (cars) several times. Also, replaced the MAF on one car.

The sensors need to be disconnected and the connector pins checked to see all are present and no pin is bent. Check the old sensor connectors to make sure all pin are still present. An old pin can break and be left in the wiring harness connector.

You need to be sure the sensors connectors are fully seated.

Do not use any electrical contact cleaner on the O2 sensor connectors. Some sensors "breathe" via its electrical lead and the cleaner fouls the air path from the connector to the sensor.

Do not use anti seize on the threads. In my experience factory sensors come with an O2 safe thread lube. OEM sensors come "dry".

Do not touch the tips.

It is important the sensor wiring lead is properly secured so it can't move about in the air blast and touch a hot exhaust.

Last but not least hopefully you bought the right sensors. I have always elected to use OE sensors not OEM sensors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.