Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I dont know what's wrong. I used to wash the car every Wednesday and Sunday . now I'm washing it less and less. I haven't washed it in over a week now. I just want to drive and let it clean its self. Anyone else facing the same problem?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
everyone goes through a rut now and then

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Guys I dont know what's wrong. I used to wash the car every Wednesday and Sunday . now I'm washing it less and less. I haven't washed it in over a week now. I just want to drive and let it clean its self. Anyone else facing the same problem?
No, because I have a black car. I don't have the "luxury" of not washing it. :icon_razz:

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Yep but I am getting old and I still keep it clean but don't wash as much but it rains a lot here in Seattle.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
I like a clean and freshly waxed car, but I don't obsess over it. I am just too busy to wash it as often as it maybe should be. I enjoy driving my car more than looking at it even if it isn't sparkling clean.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Damn, twice a week!

Dude, you over did it washing it twice a week (burn out) I keep mine in my garge and after it is washed maybe every couple of day I just dust it off and looks clean for a few more weeks!
Now if it is a black one, they have to be washed right after washing it! It is the most beautiful color for a Challeger but.............black is a ***** to keep clean as everyone that owns one very well know that!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude, you over did it washing it twice a week (burn out) I keep mine in my garge and after it is washed maybe every couple of day I just dust it off and looks clean for a few more weeks!
Now if it is a black one, they have to be washed right after washing it! It is the most beautiful color for a Challeger but.............black is a ***** to keep clean as everyone that owns one very well know that!
Not everyone has a garage.. Just saying

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Mine is BLACK and sitting in the driveway right now. I'm hoping that it rains just enough to give her a good rinse. Oh my, what a dirty girl!

Lost the passion? No, don't think so. We have that kind of relationship.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I keep mine in the garage and it is not my DD, so it only gets washed a few times over a year. It gets a little dusty now and then, but I just rinse and dry it off.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Check your testosterone levels...

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts
After 5 years, my 2009 SRT still looks showroom new. Because I don't have a garage and keep it covered, I use detail spray after every time I drive it to prevent micro-scratches from the cover. It's a PITA, but the reward is worth it.

On the rare occasions when it actually gets really dirty, I wash it using the 2-bucket showcar washing technique.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's a pain in the ass to keep my car clean in Germany. But I do try. Black is the best color for a challenger. Once every 4 months I take her to a professional detailer get her looking all brand new then I just try an maintain the shine

1 - 20 of 64 Posts