Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed qtp low profile cutouts in my car and I noticed that when i get to the 130 mile an hour range I start slowing down substantially. It seems to struggle alot to keep going. I compared it to the cutouts being closed and it just seems to not struggle at all getting to 160. Anyone know why this is? I dont have it tuned yet and from past experience i know for a fact that will make a difference but my understanding was that less restriction to airflow would make it a tad bit faster without tuning rather than slow it down. What do u guys think? All i have are cutouts, hellcat airbox, and resonator delete.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I wanna know where you get up to 130mph. Dude thats fast.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Where'd you stick the cutouts? I wonder, with them open, if the extra noise is causing the car to read more knock and killing power?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Where'd you stick the cutouts? I wonder, with them open, if the extra noise is causing the car to read more knock and killing power?
Im terrible at explaining so I'll just take a picture and send it soon when I can. But I'm probably going to change the location and put them right next to the bottom of the transmission and with turndowns this time. I don't have turndowns right now. EEK :\

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanna know where you get up to 130mph. Dude thats fast.

Don't forget about the 160 runs!
The fastest this car has gone was 167 with no cutouts stock just with the Hellcat intake. Doesn't struggle at all to get to that speed it feels like it can keep going it does feel pretty scary though going that fast feels like the car wants to take off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts