Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a set of Eibach pro lowering springs, My car is a 2012 6spd manual R/T PLUS, but I'm stumped because SummitRacing.com sells part# 2895.140 and Eibach recommends Part# 28111.140 and naturally I'm thinking I should go with Eibachs recommendation, The thing that bugs me is that I'm noticing people have installed both. and I want to do this right the first time so to speak. I don't know the offset of my wheels but I'm running Niche Gt5 not concaved, I need to look but it's right around 25, I'm installing tires tomorrow and I'm going with 275/40/20. But I'm sitting here thinking about rubbing issues should be the last thing on my mind.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,715 Posts
I don't blame you, not only Summit lists the 2895.140. But from everything I can find, and I've searched this before as well. 2895.140 is a V6 application. 28111.140 is correct for your 2012 RT Plus. And regardless, I'd also trust the manufacturer to know. I'd suspect both may actually fit, I just don't know if both give the same, advertised drop. A Guy

Reactions: ChallengerDude2012

·
Registered
588 Posts
I second that. 28111.140 is what you want.
I have these on my RT

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So now I'm a bit mad at myself I just received the springs, and removed my rear tire and I see the shocks are SACHS 52830. My problem is I don't know if they're nivo mats. Would that mean my front shocks are you nivos also that wouldn't make sense....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just thought of something.

I second that. 28111.140 is what you want.
I have these on my RT
Nice, well I just pulled off my rear wheels and I see Sachs on them I don't know if they're are loading leveling though. Did your car come with sachs shocks? Summit recommends replacing all shocks and struts with a with a Eibach pro damper kit. I was thinking if i did that I might aswell have bought the kit with everything together.. I was thinking just buy the Bilstein B6 Performance Series Shocks they sell for my rear.... My rear shocks say SACH 52830

Ok I looked for shocks now and they all say you can't installed them if you have the w/o performance shocks, am I missing something or do I just need to buy the adapter mount to make them work?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,715 Posts
SACHS 52830 is 68072163AC, and I believe these are not Nivomat self leveling shocks. A Guy

A Guy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oh Wow If that is true you just made my day, The only reason is I asked if i do or not because i couldn't find any thing, and when i went to sachs website everything is in german, looks like anyways.

I just need to make sure because i have the car apart right now.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,715 Posts
I'm sure @Hal H or @Slidd can confirm if you have Nivomats or not. A Guy

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Here's an image - the Nivomats have a shock body that is much fatter than the standard shock.

Since you have 6 speed, its likely you have Nivomats. They were equipped to try combating wheel hop.

Attachments

Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Nivomats are only used on rear suspension. The fronts are conventional shock units / struts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still researching comparing model numbers.

Nivomats are only used on rear suspension. The fronts are conventional shock units / struts
Yes you're correct, I was just comparing model numbers on my shocks my front and rear shock have the same 52830 number on them. I cross referenced them with shocks at a autoparts store and mopar dealer and they told me they're just "perfromance shocks" regular shocks I guess it what they meant. I then priced nivomats and it says they don't come on my car with my vin but they're very expensive.. Ive seen touring, performance and then there is high perfromance I'm assuming they're the nivomats, but it says electric on them so that's confusing. I just can't believe they're so many different type of shocks for just one car.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Touring = SXT [base]
Performance = R/T
High Performance = STP option / SRT

the different models use different shock applications. Similar with the suspension springs multiple levels of those as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to assume springs take some setting in, I did my front drivers first and my passengers afterwards and it's siting about a 1/8 inch higher still. Is that common I've just never paid attention to height when installing springs and I did it to this car. I'm attacking the rear end today so I hope that goes well, so far all well and i'm happy with the drop I just need to do and alignment again. I was really scared of running my brand new 275/40/20 on this drop but that all went away I'm cleared and I should be fine for the rear also.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,715 Posts
A Lot of people say that the springs settle. My installer said no, the springs have a spring rate, they don't settle. Mine never changed from day one. If anything, I expect people have the isolators compress, or the spring seat correctly. A Guy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
A Lot of people say that the springs settle. My installer said no, the springs have a spring rate, they don't settle. Mine never changed from day one. If anything, I expect people have the isolators compress, or the spring seat correctly. A Guy
That's actually what I thought myself that they don't, When I sat my drivers side down it sat there at the same height, and now that I've dropped my right side it's still sitting at the same height. One thing that I did do different is I didn't make the end of spring butt up on the bottom of the isolator, but it was like by a finger nail at the most I wouldn't think that would cause any problem with height.

Front Eibach proline, rear stock.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,715 Posts
There ya go :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
FYI - for anyone that measures their wheel / fender gap:

the correct way is from fender lip to bottom of the wheel. Regardless of what tire size you run, this gap will always remain the same - since its a function of the suspension spring relative to the body.

PS: I installed lowering springs on my 'Benz last Fall - the procedure above is how the manufacturer instructs to measure it.

Checked the measurement before / after. For warranty registration, they required a before / after measurement for sending the warranty registration. 10 year warranty on springs - so they have a baseline for new as installed and if a spring sags / fails the difference would determine what was taking place.

Rechecked at one month, then five months later - no change...ride height is the same as it was one day one after installation. [these are linear rate springs, like the OEM units vs. the progressive that some aftermarket brands have]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts