Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner of a new 2010 classic R/T 6 speed. Looking for a loud idle, and strong powerful sound throughout the rev range, not JUST WOT, like most people want. I want it to be heard and felt even during regular driving.

I want it to sound mean at all speeds, all the time, like a muscle car should, with lots of volume.

Borla, Zoomers, or MBRP? I know SLP Loudmouths are loud, but I do not like the sound. Would prefer a chambered muffler system.

Zoomers sounds so awesome, but I read some older post of quality control issues. Never knew Borla made loud exhausts, but many say the Mopar/Borla one is very loud, and sounds mean. MBRP seems to have a huge following here, and lots of happy customers, along with top notch customer service.

This is a lot of money, and am just researching first, but will probably end up with a CBE sooner than I planned since I find the stock Challenger a bit too quiet for me. :sleep:

Thank you!

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I'd recommend the MBRP catback. I love mine!

Something else you can put in your choices is the new Solo catback, it sounds pretty sweet too

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd recommend the MBRP catback. I love mine!

Something else you can put in your choices is the new Solo catback, it sounds pretty sweet too
How did the sound change in the cabin from stock to MBRP? Was the idle louder, and more pronounced? I understand the MBRP is chambered, so I'm looking for a tone that lingers a bit.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
I REALLY like my Borla exhaust. Sounds great, high quality, love the way the tips look.

Having said all that,......check out the videos on you tube of the different exhausts you're looking into.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Solo. That's the way to go.You wanna here at idle?You wanna here it at wot? You don't want drone? Solo has it all at half the price what others sell for. It's the best one out there. The quality fit and finish can't be beat. you won't be disappointed. It's one bad ass exhaust. Solo performance There in the vender section

·
Registered
733 Posts
here is my setup:
MBRP (the old one without the anti drown system) and Magnaflow Catted Midpipes sound - it's damn loud but it drowns on the highway
outside:

inside:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Love my Zoomers. Perfect sound for a Hemi IMO.

·
Registered
657 Posts
For high quality stainless, deep muscle car sound, fit and finish, you can't beat the quality of MBRP. The great part about exhausts is you have many different options and preferences for different tastes. If you're looking for a high grade T-304 stainless 3" exhaust, with an aggressive tone, you can't beat MBRP. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
464 Posts
For high quality stainless, deep muscle car sound, fit and finish, you can beat the quality of MBRP. The great part about exhausts is you have many different options and preferences for different tastes. If you're looking for a high grade T-304 stainless 3" exhaust, with an aggressive tone, you can't beat MBRP. Let me know if you have any questions.

OmahaRumble, take it from the horses mouth.

It's called a Solo Performance Mach X-3.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f167/group-buy-solo-performance-mach-x-rt-x-r-tnt-catback-2008-10-challenger-r-t-51442/

·
Registered
852 Posts
+1 for the SOLO! I love mine!!! has all the perks of the more expensive exhaust and is much cheaper! Fit and finish is bar none!!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just stating the facts...apples to apples. This is not a full T-304 stainless system. Just saying there are options. No more, no less.
Is the Solo not stainless steel? Also the MBRP looks and sounds sweet. I notice you have two different exhausts the T304 and the T409... what is the difference between the two? Would the T409 be better for a year round daily driver that sees water/snow?

I noticed on the Solo exhaust there is only 1 muffler? Would that make it less deep and not have reverb in the cabin as much as say a 2 muffler system? I definitely want the reverb and sound in the cabin.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I have Kooks Headers and hi flos with 3" MBRP exhaust ... and could not be happier .... its sounds better than anything else iv heard ... but then again all other i have heard had no headers ... and im sure that made a difference

·
Registered
659 Posts
OK..I've seen this kinda post a lot. Let me tell you something..
Youtube is the way to go.... Listen to those different exhaust systems sounds and choose yours. At the end it is relative.. What I like you may not like. Thats what I did when I picked mine. you can't tell till you hear it!

GOTSRT

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK..I've seen this kinda post a lot. Let me tell you something..
Youtube is the way to go.... Listen to those different exhaust systems sounds and choose yours. At the end it is relative.. What I like you may not like. Thats what I did when I picked mine. you can't tell till you hear it!

GOTSRT
They all sound different, even with the same exhaust. I don't find those clips to be too accurate, although they do give somewhat of a picture.

I guess I should post in the Midwest subforum and see if anyone in my area has one of those exhausts so I can listen.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think you should replace your 2 middle mufflers with a pair of flowmaster super 44s and ditch the 2 rear resonators and replace them with straight pipe! Im almost certain thats the sound you are looking for, that nice deep chambered muffler muscle car sound! I have this setup on my car and it covers everything you said you wanted in your exhaust sound!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That might sound good, but I'd rather go with the whole catback and get full performance gains too.

MBRP does not sound too loud with idle or partial throttle, in all the sound clips it only comes to life at high RPM. Maybe it's just the clips, I'm sure it sounds totally better IRL.

Zoomers to me sounds the best, but still not sure about quality. Also it's a very expensive unit.

I'm not sure about Solo exhaust, I'm always leary of something new. With only one muffler I wonder how powerful and loud it feels in the cabin.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Zoomers to me sounds the best, but still not sure about quality. Also it's a very expensive unit.
Just put a set of Zoomers on my R/T. They sound sweet. Quality was fine. However, I had to have one of the hangers adjusted (heated up and bent)to make the tips line up. It was on the passenger side. Just a slight bend.

Also, call them and tell them your a LX.forum member and you get 15% off.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just put a set of Zoomers on my R/T. They sound sweet. Quality was fine. However, I had to have one of the hangers adjusted (heated up and bent)to make the tips line up. It was on the passenger side. Just a slight bend.

Also, call them and tell them your a LX.forum member and you get 15% off.
Thanks for the feedback... Zoomers is the best I've heard so far on the clips. The Borla ATAK is amazing too, but too pricey at $1600.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts