Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a friend with a 2010 Mustang GT 5 speed, 4.6L

He is one of those guys who (no matter what it is) is a one-upper. His job pays better, his house is better, if you tell him about a fight you had in high school...he will tell you about the 3 ninjas he killed. That kind of guy.

Well I just traded in a 6 speed 2012 GTI that I had (that he always called a chick car) due to an upcoming elbow surgery, in favor of a new 2014 Challenger RT Redline Auto.

I was reluctant to let him discover my new purchase because I knew what was next......."That boat weighs 600 pounds more than my car, I can smoke it"

I've kept my mouth shut and endured 2 weeks of his Mustang Mouth while I've enjoyed my new car but it's really getting under my skin. I deleted my resonators in favor of glass packs and have an aFe Stage 2 intake on its way from the internet. His only modification is a Pypes Axleback Exhaust.

After I get my intake in and bolted on, should I take him up on one of his numerous offers to "run em"?
Keep in mind, if he is victorious, I will never hear the end of it.

Also, if you think I should do this...tips on it? Launch, Premium Fuel, anything at all would be appreciated. Just help me shut this guy up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, if it goes into consideration. I weigh 160, he is probably pushing 300. I think he may also have an obnoxious subwoofer setup in the trunk. Thanks guys

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No tune for him, yet anyways.

He says he is doing an H pipe and tuner in the near future.

How do I stand against this car? I looked it up, 315hp?

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Take him on. You'll be victorious. Just practice launching. After you beat him, you should turn the tables around and make sure he never hears the end of it. Rub it in every chance you get because those kind of bully's need to be taught a lesson or two. Here you go, another dooshbag mustang owner.
Btw, those mods are not gonna gain you much. Maybe a few hp. Get a tuner with a custom tune. Best bang for your buck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I would think that he doesn't stand a chance against your R/T.

Reactions: aintdunn

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the positive words of encouragement guys!
I was really hoping his mouth was more skilled than his arm/leg coordination and my auto trans would keep going strong while he searched for gears.

What do you think the best launch method would be for me? This would a backroad run in the middle of nowhere, not a sanctioned track or in town.

I will definitely keep that tuner in mind! Also looking at saving up for a Solo Exhaust and 180 thermostat. Seems to be the route alot of RT A5 owners are going?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's a good guy in other senses, he just has "that mentality" when it comes to his material possessions. I've never really understood the rationality of acting like that, but oh well...Maybe a slice of humble pie in the form of a Hemi will be what straightens it out for him :)

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
If this guy is so obnoxious, why is he your friend?

Your car is brand new, not even broken in yet. These things undergo a big transformation at 3,500 miles... something to do with VVT or something.

I don't know - this just looks like the beginning of a never ending power struggle to me.

BTW, You do realize that adding an intake will void your warranty, don't you? If you're referring to a CAI, no problem.

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Something happens at 3500 miles to my car???
Yea, actually it's 3,750 miles There's been a couple posts on this site about it including this screen grab from Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
hahaha! Wow, I quit hanging around with jerks over 20 years ago, and I sure as heck don't listen to their crap or let them goad me anymore.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He's kind of unavoidable. Part of a group of friends that all get together. With a little humility, I think the problem would go away.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I know a guy like that. Always talking crap. I tried at first to be respectful, even complimentary, and ignore the taunts. On night I raced him with my truck and walked him. Then I wouldn't let him forget that even my truck was faster. He became whiney about how "I always pick on him". A simple case of 'can dish it out but can't take it'. So I basically separated myself from him. I told our mutual friends that I have no desire to be around his childishness any more. I will hang out when he is not around.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
yea, I'd just calmly tell him in front of others I wasn't interested in racing anybody because there's always someone faster and all it would prove to race him is that both of you were immature and insecure.. nothing changes the fact that he's driving a "new" body style Mustang that year and he got screwed because he just missed out on the 2011+ with the same new body but 100+ extra horsepower, better suspension and better noise insulation.. and wait for it... you drive a Challenger.. you win every time.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Get some shorty headers intake sticky tires and tune and walk his arse. People like him you have to beat him good otherwise every excuse in the book comes out

1 - 20 of 50 Posts