Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the core out for a ride today. Haven't had much of a chance to put any miles on it (525) since I bought it in late December due to snow/ice and just about everything else that can fall out of the sky. But today was dry, albeit stupid cold. (15 degrees when I took it out)

My normal practice when I get in a modern muscle car is to immediately turn off the traction control as a rule right after buckling my seat belt. Today was no exception. The few days I have had the opportunity to drive the car had been a fair bit warmer. (Like 35-50 degrees)

Anyway, out tooling around enjoying the car when I turned onto a road that was open so I mashed the throttle as soon as I hit third gear. This damn thing almost came around on me! It has never behaved like THAT before! I can only attribute it to the cold air giving it a bit more horse and those crappy four season Goodyear's that came on it were probably hard as a rock from the cold.

That'll get your heart going! Lesson learned... below 35 degrees keep the traction control ON!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Or... you could use your good judgment and modulate the throttle instead of mashing the pedal under those conditions! ;)

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
I never get on my car during the winter months till I warm my tires up first...

I have had my Ram 1500 short bed std cab way sideways more than once :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
glad it didn't get away from you and get the curb or ditch, did you have a good laugh after you cleaned your shorts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts