Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love bug season here in FLA, I spend more time getting them off before their remains eat through the topcoat than I do washing the whole car. Then we have to look forward to it happening again in late summer.........:(

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I feel your pain, but at least my commute is only 5 miles. Keep lots of fresh wax on the front and mirrors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
10,036 Posts
Are they always out or do they swarm for certain weeks a year?

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Just certain times late spring and summer but when they are out, there can literally be millions of them and they will plaster your car like you've never seen and even affect radiator cooling. Some people put nets over their grille to try and keep them out.

Just read about the WD-40 trick, I might try that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
On the way to work just hang your head out the window with your mouth wide open and get a free breakfast. :guiness:

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Spray the front of the car and the mirrors with Pam cooking spray....makes a mess but the bugs don't stick and saves the paint....

·
Registered
253 Posts
As bad as it is to my bumper, you have to laugh when you see a semi that's been on the road that week.

Reactions: Danner

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
For those of you have never experienced this plague count yourself lucky. Without a doubt one of the most disgusting of mother nature's pranks.

·
Super Moderator
14,917 Posts
I encountered them in Florida, years ago, on my honeymoon. Most residents drive around with bug screens. I didn't have one and paid the price. They are really a nuisance.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
This is the only love bug I've ever heard of.
They're called love bugs because they fly around in pairs connected at the... well, you get the idea. :browsmiley:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nasty, horrid, evil, useless little things...... Hate them!!
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nasty, horrid, evil, useless little things...... Hate them!!
Cheers, Lee S.
Just noticed, you're right down the road from me. not sure if you know, but this saturday 05/03 is the car show in Winter Haven (happens the 1st sat of every month) Finally getting some Mopar representation at the show:bigthumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts