Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished lowering my 17 R/T with Eibach Pro Line springs, and I absolutely love the look and feel! I didn’t get measurements, but I do have some before and after pics. Looks like it came down right about 1.5”, as advertised. FYI, my mechanic was able to align it to within specs and didn’t need aftermarket camber kits, but the rear wheels are right at the edge of the limit, so they do have quite a bit of negative camber. If it becomes an issue, I’ll either buy adjustable rear links or get the Dodge factory longer upper links to bring the camber back out.

Also, for those of you concerned about whether you have Nivomat load leveling rear shocks, I’ve seen a lot of misinformation floating around. People say the easy way to tell is if you have a wide shock body with a narrow rod welded to it, those are Nivomats. That’s not true. All the Sachs shocks look like that. You really need to check part numbers. I’m including a pic of my rear Sachs shocks that are NOT Nivomat for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Shweet! Challengers look so good lowered. Guess that's why some new Demon owners are kinda bummed they sit so high.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Looks great! Makes a big diff.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,111 Posts
Much better. They really should come that way. At least the Cs and Ms come with a better lowered stance. A Guy

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
My Challenger SXT was the first car I ever lowered or did major suspension work on and I couldn't be happier with the results. I went with the Eibach Sportline complete suspension kit. Yes, it took changing out a few more parts to get the wheel alignment right but almost weekly some other Challenger owner comes up to me and says the car looks amazing with the lowered stance. I agree these cars should be lower from the factory. Now when I see a stock Challenger I think it looks way too high.

Glad you are happy with your results. Best mod one can make for the Challenger hands down.

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
Here's another example of what a Nivomat (dimension wise) looks like.

The shock is larger in diameter and it pretty close to the rear spring - the standard Sachs shocks are a narrower body and you can see the differences between the OPs pictures in this thread

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks much better. These cars are too high in stock form.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Nice mod if you live where the roads are flat, smooth, and flawless. Where I live, a car lowered like this would leave gouges in the road every 1/4 mile or so. My undercarriage damage has been limited to just scrapes in the belly pan and a couple minor chin-spoiler scuffs. I'd actually like to raise mine up and put some more rubber between the road and the rims. Maybe go to 18's.

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
Nice mod if you live where the roads are flat, smooth, and flawless. Where I live, a car lowered like this would leave gouges in the road every 1/4 mile or so. My undercarriage damage has been limited to just scrapes in the belly pan and a couple minor chin-spoiler scuffs. I'd actually like to raise mine up and put some more rubber between the road and the rims. Maybe go to 18's.
go to a 50 or 55 series tire - that would get you a taller sidewall, but you'd have to use a tuner to get the speedo calibration corrected.

The 245/45 tire is taller in diameter than what the OEM 18" sizes are.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I definitely get what you’re saying about bad roads. It sucks if yours are as bad as you say. But you hardly need flawless roads in order to drive a lowered Challenger like this. I don’t have many potholes, but Fayetteville is very hilly, and I’m in and out of steep driveways and off camber intersections a lot without issue. Heck, my fromt bumper still clears most parking curbs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts