Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am a new Challenger owner and new to the Forum, I purchased a 2009 SE, 3.5L 4spd Auto, 275's on the rear and its got about 24,000km on it now. I couldn't afford the R/T.

I love the car, but I am disappointed that I can't make the wheels spin unless its raining:icon_confused:. The car has a Magnaflow exhaust, cold air intake, and a Diablo Predator tuner set at oct93 with +20% throttle 27.5 wheel size set and I run 93oct fuel.

I don't know if there are any tricks that I can further do with the tuner?

Any help would greatly appreciated? I can't really afford a supercharger or at least I don't think so or know if this is practical? I see V6's doing crazy burnouts on Utube and don't know if they are real or if the tires are saturated in oil!

I'm not really worried about the fuel mileage and I don't plan on driving it much about 130km/hr (Alberta speedlimits on the highways are generally 100 to 110km/hr and the freeways are 80), so I was wondering if changing my 3.64 gears to a 4.10 or 4.11 would be the answer? It would be great to chip the tires off the line or even put some rubber down!!

Can I simply swap out the gears, and if so what kind of rpm will I be getting on the highway? Cost?

Any thoughts on the Read End Swap or the Tuner etc, would be great!!:yesnod:

Thanks in Advance
Doug

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Not sure whats equiped in the 3.5's but on my 3.6L I have to turn off traction control, after that my stock v6 was able to do one.

For the 3.6 changing gears to 3.64 or 3.91 costs around $2000.

My Hyundai Santa Fe can do a burnout so im hoping you just need to disable traction control, put left foot on brake, and then right foot on the gas.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I don't have ABS or Traction Control on my 3.5L. Anything else I can try regarding the slow start off the line?

How close is a 3.91 compared to a 4.10 or 4.11? Also, will the 3.91 go straight into my Housing? And how much would a guy notice the change from my existing 3.64 to the 3.91?

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey Thanks Knocturnall,

Let me know your coordinates, I would live to bend your ear (coffee or telephone; Alberta). [email protected]

ps when I am at a stop light; with one foot on the brake and one on the gas. ...my rev limit is 2400 max....help !!! can I/;do I, modify this? ........Can I do it with Predator settings??

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ease of the brake a little?

2009 is the only year they used the 4spd auto, in 2010 they went to a 5spd auto which has a much lower first gear. In turn, means going to a lower gearing in the rear will definitely help. Since a Supercharger is currently out of the budget range, have you looked at menthol/water injection systems?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,123 Posts
Hello all, I am a new Challenger owner and new to the Forum, I purchased a 2009 SE, 3.5L 4spd Auto, 275's on the rear and its got about 24,000km on it now. I couldn't afford the R/T.

I love the car, but I am disappointed that I can't make the wheels spin unless its raining:icon_confused:. The car has a Magnaflow exhaust, cold air intake, and a Diablo Predator tuner set at oct93 with +20% throttle 27.5 wheel size set and I run 93oct fuel.

I don't know if there are any tricks that I can further do with the tuner?

Any help would greatly appreciated? I can't really afford a supercharger or at least I don't think so or know if this is practical? I see V6's doing crazy burnouts on Utube and don't know if they are real or if the tires are saturated in oil!

I'm not really worried about the fuel mileage and I don't plan on driving it much about 130km/hr (Alberta speedlimits on the highways are generally 100 to 110km/hr and the freeways are 80), so I was wondering if changing my 3.64 gears to a 4.10 or 4.11 would be the answer? It would be great to chip the tires off the line or even put some rubber down!!

Can I simply swap out the gears, and if so what kind of rpm will I be getting on the highway? Cost?

Any thoughts on the Read End Swap or the Tuner etc, would be great!!:yesnod:

Thanks in Advance
Doug
Most of the crazy youtube vids I have seen of V6 Challengers doing burnouts appeared to me to be using line-locks to get them done. Get yourself a TranZformer and you can do the same (it has a built-in line-lock mode, burn-out mode, & launch mode).

On the subject of the tuner you are running: if the Predator can datalog, use that functionality to make sure you are not experiencing any KR during any WOT operation. And if you are, modify the canned 93 octane tune to reduce/eliminate that KR (again, using the datalogs the tuner generates).

That won't necessarily make your car suddenly be able to do burn-outs that it cannot now do, but it will recoup any lost HP/TQ that is being robbed from you by the KR. And when HP/TQ is in short supply like it is with the V6s in these cars, reclaiming every little bit counts...especially when it won't cost you anything except gas and time to do so.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm not really worried about the fuel mileage and I don't plan on driving it much about 130km/hr (Alberta speedlimits on the highways are generally 100 to 110km/hr and the freeways are 80) said:
4.10 or 4.11 [/B]would be the answer? It would be great to chip the tires off the line or even put some rubber down!!

Doug
One of the problem you are going to run into is the 4 speed trany you have. You can not change the programing for the computer for the rear diff with the Diabelo tuner.

What you can do is swap the rear diff from a 05-08 Charger/mangum/300 that had a 2.7 motor. This will get you a 3.91 rear. The change is less then 10% so it will not through off and codes and put the tranny into limp mode.

You should be able to pick up a used rear diff for abut $150 can at a wreckers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts