Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else noticed this but on delivery my new T/A 392 was slightly low on antifreeze in the recovery tank. I didn't notice it on pickup and since the dealership I bought it from was 45 miles away I just bought some of the stupid expensive OAT purple antifreeze locally. Still cheaper than the gas to drive back to the dealership and I can use it in my other Mopar vehicles.

Makes me wonder though is this a way to save money - a few bucks on each car can add up. My washer fluid was a little low also but at least the oil was right where it should be.

The dealership should catch this on PDI but mine didn't or ignored it.

Just thought you may want to check if you take delivery on a new car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You used your valuable time to complain about a few ounces of liquid? AND you didn't inspect before you left the dealership? Here's some cheese to go with your wine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You used your valuable time to complain about a few ounces of liquid? AND you didn't inspect before you left the dealership? Here's some cheese to go with your wine.
Thanks for your input - I guess you have spare time to complain as well. Just letting other people know to check. Sorry I didn't see every little thing upon being excited to get my new ride.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
Thanks for your input - I guess you have spare time to complain as well. Just letting other people know to check. Sorry I didn't see every little thing upon being excited to get my new ride.
On a side note, check the bottom of the car for any damage. Some folk here found damage after they brought the car home from the dealer. I know what you mean about being excited...so was I and it wasn't until a couple of days after purchase that I noticed valve train, differential noise and leaky rear diff boot. Took it to the dealer and they did not do anything about it...which was no surprise to me. I fix my own stuff anyways but I thought I would give the dealer a shot.

Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a side note, check the bottom of the car for any damage. Some folk here found damage after they brought the car home from the dealer. I know what you mean about being excited...so was I and it wasn't until a couple of days after purchase that I noticed valve train, differential noise and leaky rear diff boot. Took it to the dealer and they did not do anything about it...which was no surprise to me. I fix my own stuff anyways but I thought I would give the dealer a shot.

Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks. I'm not complaining about the car - love it and can't wait for spring. I checked it closely for any body damage - I know that once you leave the lot good luck getting it fixed. Only did a quick glance under the hood - never thought a brand new car would not have everything topped up. How many people check the oil before they leave the lot - what if it was low. Just letting people know to check everything as it obviously can be missed.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's more the trivial nature of your complaints. From reading other comments like yours, I wonder what possesses some of the forums member to purchase in the first place.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,740 Posts
Wow, tough crowd...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I think a few cars may get an air bubble trapped in the cooling system at the assembly plant. My 2016 Scat Pack I ordered last spring and took delivery of in April I checked every inch top to bottom and all the fluids were full. I found one small dent looked like some one leaned an elbow on the right front fender and two light scratches one on the nose center and one on the driver's side roof. The dealer had a paint less dent removal man who fixed it perfectly and my detailer who applied my clear bra and clear coat who I sent photo's of the scratches said to not let the dealer touch them as he would rather buff them out because he didn't want to risk them making it worse. So I got my car all sorted out and was enjoying my car when about a week later filling the gas tank and doing an under hood check I found the coolant tank was low I looked for a leak and could not find one so I just bought a gallon of OAT coolant at the dealer and mixed it so now I have nearly two gallons of coolant sitting in my garage for topping off Since I have two Challengers it won't go to waste.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
Wow, tough crowd...

A Guy
Reminds me of when I was in high school working at a transmission repair shop during the summer with a bunch of navy guys...talk about a tough crowd. They were always testing my mental toughness. They use the F-bomb like most people use "um" or "like".

·
Registered
681 Posts
You could have just added a little distilled water instead of antifreeze. And not started a thread about it.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
You could have just added a little distilled water instead of antifreeze. And not started a thread about it.
Actually I’d add more fluid using a proper mix, not diluting what currently in there. No, it’s not earth shattering by adding water but if it’s worth doing it’s worth doing the right way.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Wanna talk sloppy PDI on new cars from dealers?

They almost never adjust the very high PSI in the new vehicle tires.
They come from the factory with 40 to 50lbs PSI, talk about a hard ride!!

My new 2018 RT had 45 to 48 lbs in the tires all around.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
Come on the dealer isn't making any money on the PDI,so most just pencil whip it and move on.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,642 Posts
So you complain about something you admit you should have checked ?.....WTF ?
I wonder why new members to this forum don’t post up very often? Hmmmmmmmm?

To the OP, thanks for the heads up to others. And enjoy your car and be safe. It looks awesome.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Part of the PDI is to check the fluids. Dealer dropped the ball on that one.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,026 Posts
That was my experience. I noticed the tire pressures 40+PSI and not all the same some couple of PSI difference. I asked and was told "normal". Should have set off an alarm cause whenever a dealer employee tells you something normal often enough it is not normal.

Anyhow after I got home I did a bit of research and then set the tires to the correct cold pressure. Much better ride. Car steers/handles much better, too.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,026 Posts
Just a general comment to low coolant. Cold the coolant level might be a little low, as will the oil level. The best time to check the coolant level if you can do so without removing the cap and the oil level is when the engine is up to operating temperature but has been off long enough that the oil has had time to drain back into the sump.

·
Registered
463 Posts
That was my experience. I noticed the tire pressures 40+PSI and not all the same some couple of PSI difference. I asked and was told "normal". Should have set off an alarm cause whenever a dealer employee tells you something normal often enough it is not normal.

Anyhow after I got home I did a bit of research and then set the tires to the correct cold pressure. Much better ride. Car steers/handles much better, too.
That too is part of the PDI. It really pisses me off when I see dealers not properly doing a PDI. Not a great way to gain a customers respect for the dealers service department.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts