Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my second tank of fuel since buying my Challenger R/T. I have yet to get a Low Fuel light. Right now EVIC shows 40 miles to empty. If the ignition is in RUN mode with the engine off, I can see the low fuel light illuminate, it just never does when it's supposed to. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I always thought the low fuel light came on ~30 miles. If you go into diagnostic mode (press compass and music button at same time), you could see exactly how many pints of gas you have left.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
its never good for a fuel pump to get down below a 1/4 tank. that can cause em to overheat and burn out prematurely

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
its never good for a fuel pump to get down below a 1/4 tank. that can cause em to overheat and burn out prematurely
I'll second that motion. Have to tell my wife that all the time.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
My low fuel light comes on with about 2 gallons left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always thought the low fuel light came on ~30 miles. If you go into diagnostic mode (press compass and music button at same time), you could see exactly how many pints of gas you have left.
You were correct sir, thanks. Although the owners manual says it will illuminate at 1/8 tank, it came on exactly at 30 miles to empty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Off-topic: The title of this post reminded me of the time a guy at work asked "What does battery low mean?" I looked at him for a moment before replying "That the battery's low..."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts