Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me Crazy... but I have always heard a low hum on my SE when stopped. I have to turn off the radio and roll up the windows to hear it. I never questioned it, but im just not sure if it's just the normal engine or something electrical. The car rides fine, but I swear I hear "something" different then the regular engine sounds. Almost like a car motor antenna that goes up and down (or maybe that's just the SE engine...)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Call me Crazy... but I have always heard a low hum on my SE when stopped. I have to turn off the radio and roll up the windows to hear it. I never questioned it, but im just not sure if it's just the normal engine or something electrical. The car rides fine, but I swear I hear "something" different then the regular engine sounds. Almost like a car motor antenna that goes up and down (or maybe that's just the SE engine...)
I know when I unlock/lock the doors on my SRT I hear a hum, but I'm fairly certain it is the HID headlights making the noise, or some component of them at least.

However I think the HIDs are only an option with the R/T+ or higher right?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sure your not hearing the electric fuel pumps?
It sounds like it's coming from under the dash, but that could just be an illusion. Car interiors often play weird acoustic tricks on you.

·
Registered
348 Posts
+1 on the fuel pump idea. I have the same thing, but louder, on my pickup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts