Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks again all I decided to take the plunge (sorry risk :eek:) and call the Dealer for an appointment I am waiting to hear back from them, left a voice mail. I will keep you updated on the situation and what they say, also good to have this documented here in case I need Dodgecares assistance.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok update time, you all will love this, took my baby to the dealership yesterday 7:00am for the lower radiator hose issue. Dropped it off and explained the issue, physically showed them the hose and the pictures I had taken and then left the car in their (not so) capable hands.
Around 3:30pm I get a call from the customer service representative to say the car is ready for pickup, so I head over to the dealership to collect my baby. The customer service representative explains to me that technician reviewed the hose and clamp and has deemed the position factory correct and no repairs are required. Of course I was not happy with this response however I did insist on a copy of the work order with the technicians id and exact verbiage of his findings. This will be used if a failure should occur later on in the life of the hose or clamp.
So now the real good part, I ask the customer service representative why he felt this was the correct position for the hose and clamp when the parts appear to be designed with a perfectly good hose position stop. His response not mine, the hose stop is just for reference and not an exact position the factory leaves a 1/4" gap between the hose and stop to prevent moisture build up at the top of the hose that could lead to corrosion on the water pump. WHAT!! seriously where did that come from :ROFLMAO: I think next time I will ask to have my blinker fluid replaced for good measure
Sorry Dodge moving on to the next dealer hopefully better luck at the next one, at least I got a chuckle out of the day and didn't cost me anything.

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
So now the real good part, I ask the customer service representative why he felt this was the correct position for the hose and clamp when the parts appear to be designed with a perfectly good hose position stop. His response not mine, the hose stop is just for reference and not an exact position the factory leaves a 1/4" gap between the hose and stop to prevent moisture build up at the top of the hose that could lead to corrosion on the water pump. WHAT!! seriously where did that come from :ROFLMAO: I think next time I will ask to have my blinker fluid replaced for good measure
Sorry Dodge moving on to the next dealer hopefully better luck at the next one, at least I got a chuckle out of the day and didn't cost me anything.
You just have to appreciate the levels of CYA that people will make up.

the water pump is aluminum body - with coolant running through it. "corrosion" ok, sure...

·
Registered
95 Posts
What crapola. Translation = our service person is lazy and might have had to move a couple of things to get access to to move it so he didn't. It was quicker for him to just write it off and go on break plus it makes way less paperwork for us with Dodge if we just string you along with b.s..

I would not have been quick enough for an good retort on the spot (but internally would have been thinking are you Effing High????)

Go to the parts desk at a Dodge Dealer and ask them if they have a 6.4 hemi water pump in stock and can you see it if they respond yes. Then just start taking your measurement when they bring it and lay it on the counter. Should take just a few seconds to hold a business card or sticky note alongside the neck and mark a line how long the neck is.

Have a pen with you and you will be able to measure this way before they can even think what the hell is happening. As you are measuring/marking your card just tell them you are trying to determine if your clamp on yours is in correct position (seated behind the ridge) and this is going to help you sleep better at night or definitely determine if you need a service appointment. The hold your sticky or business card you marked up against yours and you should then be able to determine if the clamp is fully behind the ridge at the end.

If you determine clamp is not fully behind ridge go to another dealer (or schedule another appointment with this dealer and request clamp and hose get shoved fully on). Or just go to another Dealer and state clamp and hose needs pushed fully on as it was designed.

Shouldn't be this hard..... feel for ya.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts