Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my car using the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs only. Here are specs before the alignment and after the alignment.

What do you guys think? I'm pretty sure I'm not concerned about the front camber. What about the front caster and the rear camber? Should I be concerned?

Before the Alignment:

After the Alignment:

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
My camber looks worse but I'm not that concerned as long as the toe-in is dialed in. The caster is of course non adjustable but it's even. Keep an eye on the edges feathering and if it gets bad then get the adjustable parts.

Jack

·
Registered
435 Posts
That's not too bad.I dialed my camber in with SPC offset bushings on the rear and Pedders bushings on the front.The Alignment specs on the 2011 Challenger RT's have a wider range for camber and caster.Those specs might be in range.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about the offset bushings for the rear. I think I'm happy with the camber on the front. I don't think less than a degree is going to wear the tires and it handles REALLY well.

How much of a pain was the install on the bushings? How easy is the adjustment?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I was thinking about the offset bushings for the rear. I think I'm happy with the camber on the front. I don't think less than a degree is going to wear the tires and it handles REALLY well.

How much of a pain was the install on the bushings? How easy is the adjustment?
It's not too bad of a job.I did it on the car with a ball joint press(c clamp style).You replace both upper outer bushings.You need to find an adapter the same size as the bushing or use a socket.They offer a couple different offsets.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Keep an eye on the tires,,,,the numbers look better after you lowered it than it came from the factory. The front toe is adjustable and it is going to be the biggest angle to wear your tires. Rotate the tires every 6k miles and you shouldn't have any problems

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This car is my daily driver. I do want it to handle well for some sprited driving up in the mountains but I don't Autocross or anything.

Tire wear and performance are both important. I'm looking for a good balance. I can't afford to buy a new $1000 set of tires all the time, but I want the car to handle better than stock as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow Rich! Thanks for that info. Very interesting. Based on that I feel like I'm only worried about the rear camber. I believe it's time to order up some offset bushings and get back to work!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the info, very helpfull as I just installed the KW V1 and have problems with my rear camber; which offset bushings should I order? I know eibach sells an alignment kit with +- 1.5 of adjustment are there any other kits? I need recommendations.

Thanks again

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, very helpfull as I just installed the KW V1 and have problems with my rear camber; which offset bushings should I order? I know eibach sells an alignment kit with +- 1.5 of adjustment are there any other kits? I need recommendations.

Thanks again
I know that the Eibach rear camber kit is just the SPC kit repackaged and marked up in price. I'm not sure who else makes one.

·
Registered
432 Posts
This car is my daily driver. I do want it to handle well for some sprited driving up in the mountains but I don't Autocross or anything.

Tire wear and performance are both important. I'm looking for a good balance. I can't afford to buy a new $1000 set of tires all the time, but I want the car to handle better than stock as well.

When i set up LX / LY cars that have complete stock suspension with only springs or coilovers upgraded, i like to see the camber in the -1.0 range, but since it's not adjustable with out upgrades it's sometimes not possible.

With upgraded Caster/Camber bushings it's another story, and with a completely upgraded bushing package even more altered.

With upgraded camber/caster bushings only i'd set it to the following:
Front
Camber -1.0
Caster as much as you can get
Total Toe +.10

Rear
Street Camber -.8
Drag Camber -.0 (or as close as you can get for Drag Cars)
Total Toe +.20

With a full bushing upgrade:
Front
Camber -1.0 (-1.5 - 2.0 for more aggressive settings)
Caster as much as you can get
Total Toe 0.00 (-.20 to -.30 for more aggressive settings)

Rear
Drag Camber 0.0 to +.2 if possible, as little as you can if you can't get to these.
Street Camber -.8
Aggressive Camber -1.5
More rear camber may help the turning of the rear, but will hurt the acceleration due to the lost contact patch

Total Toe +.10

1 - 14 of 14 Posts