Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I would like to share the latest of a few mods I did to the R/T. Bought some 1.7" lowering springs all the way around and had the windows tinted in 5% rear and rear quarters, 18% front sides. Other mods I did were to eliminate the exhaust resonators and added an SRT8 air intake tube.

I think I am done with it for a while. Yeah right knowing me. LOL Seriously, there really isn't anything else left to do appearance wise anyways. Gonna take it easy for a while and enjoy what I have so far.

This car is a real eye catcher everywhere I go and gets lots of compliments. Can't wait to start taking her to some car shows and show her off.

Enjoy! :)

Reactions: BigBadPunkinHauler

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a few more...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks great! Any issues with the tint scratching? I would really like to get my windows tinted but was thinking of just doing the back windows.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! Any issues with the tint scratching? I would really like to get my windows tinted but was thinking of just doing the back windows.
Thank you. No issues with the windows scratching. :)

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very Nice.
Expect my toxix orange srt to be at dealer in about a week.

I'm also thinking about tint for the windows. Is it expensive?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very Nice.
Expect my toxix orange srt to be at dealer in about a week.

I'm also thinking about tint for the windows. Is it expensive?
Congrats on your T.O. SRT8! :) Beautiful color if I say so myself. The tint ran me $150 all the way around here locally. Comes with a lifetime warranty as well.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tint really looks good!!!
Thank you. I really like to. Just in time before summer hits triple digits.

I was just thinking today, "I wonder what my car would look like lowered."
Now I know. It would look sweet.

Posted from a mobile device. Please forgive brevity and occasional typos.
It definitely would. Your car and mine are twins. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
813 Posts
How is the ride now that it's lowered?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Car looks great, nice job.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Subscribing, wanting to know spring type and ride quality as well!

·
Registered
268 Posts
there really isn't anything else left to do appearance wise anyways.

Wrong! Please put a Challenger Script badge on the front grill next to the RT. Front looks naked without it. Beautiful Car. Not a tint guy but that really looks great with the Black stripes. May have to lower my car....Dam! you guys are killing me.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How is the ride now that it's lowered?
Ride quality did not suffer at all. If anything it feels a bit better around the turns due to the lower stance.

Great car, pics and mods, congrats! :D
Thank you!:thumbsup:

Car looks great, nice job.
Thank you! :thumbsup:

I'm very curious to know how your ride quality has been affected too. You just put in lowering springs and not a kit, right? What specific springs are they, Eibach, Hotchkis or...?
That is correct. Springs only. Bought them from Summit Racing I forget the part# off the top of my head, but they ar the Summit brand made in the USA. As mentioned above, the ride quality feels a litter better now that the center of gravity has been lowered. I very pleased with the stance and the ride quality.

What type of springs and are you Auto or Manual?
Summit racing brand springs and yes I have an auto. :)

What he said. I have a manual and want to do this but only an inch or so.
Mine is an auto and summit advertises a 1.7" drop all around. For 1" I would look into stock SRT8 springs which is what I had in mind at first but then changed it at the last minute.

Subscribing, wanting to know spring type and ride quality as well!
Summit racing 1.7" springs and ride quality is nice. :thumbsup:

Wrong! Please put a Challenger Script badge on the front grill next to the RT. Front looks naked without it. Beautiful Car. Not a tint guy but that really looks great with the Black stripes. May have to lower my car....Dam! you guys are killing me.
Thank you. I lso think the tint compliments the side stripes. I live in the desert so tint is a must especially with triple digits on the way. As far as the front grille, I like it as is. I think the side R/T stripes is enough to let everyone know what kind of car it is.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts