Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to be lowering my 2014 Challenger R/T 100th anniversary special edition. my question is do these come with any different susp? then what a regular R/T has? reason i ask is bc mine doesn't seem to sit as high as some of the pictures of other R/T's iv seen, i bought my car brand new off the showroom floor so it has not been modified at all susp wise.

im looking at getting the H&R lowering springs. also want to set it off with some wider rim/tire combo, what is the widest i can go in the back without having rubbing problems? was wanting a 305 tire if possible in the rear since i heard that 315 will rub and have a flush to the fender fitment, so with that said what are the best rims to go with that dont cost an arm and a leg? dont mind getting some factory style reps like SRT/hellcat rims either but one of the companies that make them. just want the fitments right without rubbing and get that low and wide look in the rear.

any pictures of help would be grateful!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,746 Posts
It came stock with the "performance suspension" (stock R/T supension), but if it has the Super Track Pak package, it could be about 1/2" lower. You can check Window Sticker/Build Sheet

A Guy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do! thanks for the info. so even with the H&R springs it will lower it even more then if someone had the super track pak package correct?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
will do! thanks for the info. so even with the H&R springs it will lower it even more then if someone had the super track pak package correct?
Not sure but guessing it would. STP will lower it about an inch maybe inch and a quarter and most aftermarket springs usually a little lower.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see. reason i ask is i saw a few guys on video showing you can fit 4 fingers between the fender the tire with easy, i cant do that. at the most its be 3 in the back but its tight. in the front its more like 2 and 1/2 fingers.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Take a measurement from the top of the fender arch above the tires to the ground.

Cars without STP will be about 30.75" front and 31.00" rear.

With STP, about 29.75" front and 30.50" rear.

So that's a one inch drop with STP at the front and that's about normal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some fast measurements it looks like to me a hair less then 29.5 in the front and a hair less then 30.5 in the rear

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
You need to look at pics (& measurements) of the end result, that is where your car will sit. A SRT will drop less than a R/T but they will both end up at the same height which only reflects the starting point, where you start is not the important bit. I hope you can see what I am trying to say.
:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i understand what you mean. i just want to make sure it lowers it enough and now just 1/4 of an inch from where i am now since im already 1in lower then normal. alot of work just to gain a 1/4in lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts