Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Lowering Challenger SXT

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Dodge8682 
#1 ·
I recently put 20s on my challenger sxt but now it’s sitting like a truck. What’s the best route to lowering my car without spending nearly $1000 on coilovers? (I know the rims aren’t that great, just wanted the bigger tire look, got them cheap)
Tire Wheel Automotive design Automotive tire Alloy wheel

See less See more
#8 ·
It almost looks like it has been lowered with those rims in the back.

When I get a chance I will take a pic of my RT and it's sitting higher than yours.

I agree with the above statement yours looks great.
Thanks I appreciate that! :) Although I think it was the angle, I posted another angle to the first comment but yeah I get a lot of comments saying it sits really high and that there’s a big gap between the tire and body.

#5 ·
I recently put 20s on my challenger sxt but now it’s sitting like a truck. What’s the best route to lowering my car without spending nearly $1000 on coilovers? (I know the rims aren’t that great, just wanted the bigger tire look, got them cheap) View attachment 1010905
I'm all for lowering, but from this pic, your car looks great, with the current stance.
Maybe it was the angle here’s a more updated side angle pic.

#6 ·
I just lower my 2015 RT plus with H& R springs, Carid gave me a great deal
way under $ 300.00
Very pleased with the drop
Had a shop that does a lot of hot rods , and muscle cars do the install
They also did the alignment
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Alloy wheel
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

#9 ·
#7 ·
I'll be lowering my SXT in a week or so with the Eibach pro lowering springs. I'm hoping to move up tire/wheel size soon to something similar 19s or 20s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.