Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Mopar springs yesterday because they were on sale for $230. Information seems to be all over the place in regards to what else I'm going to need, if anything, other than springs for the install. I have a 2016 RT Plus automatic. No super track pack. I have oem hellcat wheels with 275/40/20 on all corners.

I've seen posts that say you need a camber adjustment kit with the new rear bushings and front a-arms and others saying that you don't. Can't seem to find a definitive answer for my car. Anyone know if I'm going to need to invest in the camber kit as well?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I had stage ones installed on my 16 r/t plus a couple weeks ago. The alignment was close but 3 wheels were just outside the range. Although many have told me I will be fine if I rotate every 3k, I elected to replace front upper control arms and rear bushings to get it back into spec. I just bought Conti Extreme Contact 275’s on and didn’t want to take any chances. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
My car is a little older than yours, but also with no track pack, just a base R/T pretty much. I installed stage 1's and nothing else. At first the stealership got it within spec on all four corners. Well over the last couple of years though, springs settle and the such, I had the camber issue. Instead of the control arms for the front, I went with camber bolts from the stealership, and with those was able to get my front camber within spec. Soon I will be doing the bushings in the rear to get my rear camber on par. So I think at first your camber will be OK, but eventually you will need to get the front control arms or camber bolts/rear bushings. You got those springs for a great price! I think I paid 250 or maybe a little more for mine.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
649 Posts
I had an '11 R/T Classic that I lowered with Mopar Stage 1 springs. At the time of installation, the alignment was "close." Yea.

After eating up a set of tires, I changed the front control arms and changed to adjustable camber bushings for the rear. Eibachs for both. That put everything in spec and I had no more tire issues. And .... the ride improved significantly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too have a 2011 rt. when you changed out the springs, did you keep the nivomats or replace them? I have the bilstein b6 which work with OEM springs but I have read that you should have the b8 for lowering.

·
Registered
159 Posts
No hard rules for what you need to do when done. All you can do is install them and go from there. Be sure to let them settle before taking it in for alignment.

Mine needed no additional parts but my camber is a tiny bit out of spec which most pros say is OK.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
So OP how did it go? alignments ok? Looks meet your expectations?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
She's gonna look great after you lower it. These cars just look much better with the right stance.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Looks great man! Love that color, you have a beautiful R/T. Now...as the springs settle, just watch for camber over the next year or so. You might have to address it at some point, but for now just enjoy it and enjoy the stance! Every time you park it you'll want to look back at it lol...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey thanks. I will keep an eye on the camber. I plan to upgrade the suspension with adjustable arms in the future. I was planning on getting a new srt but 2 kids in college put a hold on that so I decided to upgrade what I had. Besides I love this color so much it's hard to part with it. I can't understand how they did not bring it back.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Hey thanks. I will keep an eye on the camber. I plan to upgrade the suspension with adjustable arms in the future. I was planning on getting a new srt but 2 kids in college put a hold on that so I decided to upgrade what I had. Besides I love this color so much it's hard to part with it. I can't understand how they did not bring it back.

Yep I would say that color is pretty rare. At least where I live at anyway, I don't think I have ever seen a Challenger in that color on the roads around here...never. Definitely a keeper!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I have the Mopar stage 1 springs and it seemed like it took a month or so before they fully settled. Be sure to give it adequate time before getting an alignment. Every car will be different. I only had one tire slightly out of spec and it has not caused any issues with tires.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the Mopar stage 1 springs and it seemed like it took a month or so before they fully settled. Be sure to give it adequate time before getting an alignment. Every car will be different. I only had one tire slightly out of spec and it has not caused any issues with tires.
Agreed...I know others have said no settling ever happened but with my Mopar Stage 1 they did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts