Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of lowering my 2018 Scat pack. Has the dynamics package, so 20" rims off the hellcat. I've heard that some people have had success in eliminating wheel hop with lowering springs. I have had wheel hop a few time, not many, and I like the look of the challenger lowered. So I think I might give it a shot, and do the BMR lower rear trailing arms at the same time.

Not looking for something with the bumper on the ground, just to fill the fender gap. What springs would you recommend. I don't want to be scrapping the bumper every time I pull in the driveway. Also want to make a note that this is my daily.

Also, if anyone has a link to an install thread that would be awesome too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am thinking of lowering my 2018 Scat pack. Has the dynamics package, so 20" rims off the hellcat. I've heard that some people have had success in eliminating wheel hop with lowering springs. I have had wheel hop a few time, not many, and I like the look of the challenger lowered. So I think I might give it a shot, and do the BMR lower rear trailing arms at the same time.

Not looking for something with the bumper on the ground, just to fill the fender gap. What springs would you recommend. I don't want to be scrapping the bumper every time I pull in the driveway. Also want to make a note that this is my daily.

Also, if anyone has a link to an install thread that would be awesome too.

Thanks.
I went the route of KW Coilovers but it’s overkill, I would recommend KW Suspension adjustable springs. http://www.kwsuspensions.com/products/kw-suspensions-kw-h-a-s-2011-dodge-challenger-25327018.html

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really am just trying to fill the fender gap, with a possibility of helping with wheel hop. It handles great as is and I think coil overs on it would be over kill because I don't track the car, just drive hard in the mountains from time to time.

What I'm thinking is Mopar stage one or H&R springs. What I've seen is some springs require a change to the shocks, which I'm not looking forward to. Also, I don't know how much I want to drop it, I want it to still be a good daily.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I really am just trying to fill the fender gap, with a possibility of helping with wheel hop. It handles great as is and I think coil overs on it would be over kill because I don't track the car, just drive hard in the mountains from time to time.

What I'm thinking is Mopar stage one or H&R springs. What I've seen is some springs require a change to the shocks, which I'm not looking forward to. Also, I don't know how much I want to drop it, I want it to still be a good daily.
Yes, the Coilovers are likely overkill on my part...the link I sent you was just adjustable springs allowing the use of the factory shocks/struts but giving you greater capability to lower to your liking versus other solutions that have specific amounts of lowering.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger 5.7 6-speed
130 Posts
Lowering will only improve handling and appearance of the fill in on fender gap. To improve on wheel hop you can purchase hop not kit which after all the reading I’ve done, I don’t like that route. Best route I’ve seen is someone did a replacement on cradle & suspension bushings in the rear which reduced flex. I found the whole pictures and write up on the scat forum or cat forum I think. A lot of detail and timely work. But reduced wheel hop tremendously.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Lowering 1" - 1.5" is probably the best compromise for the street.

The SP spoiler protrudes out and if you're 2" lowered, you'll scrape going in/out of driveways or parking lots.

As it is, the OEM ride height - the front spoiler will not clear parking curbs, so you have to be careful about that to start with.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lowering will only improve handling and appearance of the fill in on fender gap. To improve on wheel hop you can purchase hop not kit which after all the reading I’ve done, I don’t like that route. Best route I’ve seen is someone did a replacement on cradle & suspension bushings in the rear which reduced flex. I found the whole pictures and write up on the scat forum or cat forum I think. A lot of detail and timely work. But reduced wheel hop tremendously.
Yeah, I've seen that. Not wanting to do that... And I don't like the route of the hop not kits either. I have only really had wheel hop when it was raining, or the roads were wet. Like I said a few people have said it "helped" I don't expect it to cure wheel hop.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lowering 1" - 1.5" is probably the best compromise for the street.

The SP spoiler protrudes out and if you're 2" lowered, you'll scrape going in/out of driveways or parking lots.

As it is, the OEM ride height - the front spoiler will not clear parking curbs, so you have to be careful about that to start with.
What springs would you recommend to drop it about 1"-1.5". Pics would be great.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What springs would you recommend to drop it about 1"-1.5". Pics would be great.
I am lowered 1.5" in the front and 2" in the rear...I fit over a standard parking curb but have to go slow over speed bumps.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am lowered 1.5" in the front and 2" in the rear...I fit over a standard parking curb but have to go slow over speed bumps.
That's the look I'm going for. Your's looks great. How do you like the conti's?

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's the look I'm going for. Your's looks great. How do you like the conti's?
Thanks, the Continental are probably not the "grippiest" tire but I like the treadwear rating and low noise. I wish Pirelli made the P Zero All Season Nero in a 315/35 20 so I could have just replaced the rears, now I have 4 275/40 20 Pirellis that I am trying to sell that only have $325 miles on them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone know what the Mopar Stage 1 springs look like on a Scat pack? I just got an email form the dealer with a 20% off parts coupon, which would make the springs about $250. Pics would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nobody???

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,782 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392