Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I just bought a 2010 Dodge Challenger SE. I plan to switch engines here soon but first I plan to lower the car. I am trying to find the perfect coil overs or lowering springs that are just right for my car. I would like to be at least 1-2inches from the ground or as low as I can get it! I plan to do a lot more to my car since he's my baby and first car I have bought on my own! any suggestions?!

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Coilovers will get you the lowest, but to go as low as you want is going to take adjustable front and rear UCAs, the rear camber bushings aren't going to be able to compensate enough. So plan on another $1000 or so for the front and rear adjustable UCAs.

I'm curious to know how you're going to "switch engines"...and why you didn't just buy the car with the right engine to begin with, an engine swap is going to cost more than if you had just bought the right car to begin with. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car I bought is a 2010 SE. less than 15k miles. Almost brand new. I wont do the engine for a year or so but I want to get the bigger V8 hemi in it. I know it'll be expensive but hey it's my car.. I enjoy working on it and can't wait to do everything to it. I've always been a motor head and being the only female in my family and the ONLY one interested in cars this is my own project and I love it

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
The car I bought is a 2010 SE. less than 15k miles. Almost brand new. I wont do the engine for a year or so but I want to get the bigger V8 hemi in it. I know it'll be expensive but hey it's my car.. I enjoy working on it and can't wait to do everything to it. I've always been a motor head and being the only female in my family and the ONLY one interested in cars this is my own project and I love it
Well, as long as you understand what's involved and are willing to do it, great! Good luck. :)

At least you won't need a different transmission, but you'll need just about everything else. PCM, rear diff, axle shafts, wiring harness, etc, in addition to the engine itself.

Keep us posted on your progress! :)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If you want to save money and not have to buy an Airbag kit I would search for forum member "booyaka". His car is literally an inch from tearing off his oil pan. He may have some tips for ya!

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
And brakes.
And instrument cluster.
and... :)

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
If you want to save money and not have to buy an Airbag kit I would search for forum member "booyaka". His car is literally an inch from tearing off his oil pan. He may have some tips for ya!
Yeah, he's using coil overs which is what was mentioned here in this thread. :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Coilovers will get you pretty darn low, but it seems like you may want air bags that will let you go as low as the ground pretty much. Another nice challenger here belongs to an owner whose username is "bskylerj" I think. He is using air and would be able to give you a lot of information regarding that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Coilovers will get you pretty darn low, but it seems like you may want air bags that will let you go as low as the ground pretty much. Another nice challenger here belongs to an owner whose username is "bskylerj" I think. He is using air and would be able to give you a lot of information regarding that.

I am not so sure about bags. I want to be like 2-3 inches off the ground. But I will defiantly check out that owner

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah understandable. I personally went coilovers, but I figured I would try to help you explore all your options cause either way is a considerable amount of money.

Yeah but I'll be doing the work myself so it cuts out the auto shops costs out. I just would like to know great brands that maybe specific to Dodge Challengers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts