Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R/T Blacktop
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

just a question about lowering my cahllenger. I have a 2014 R/t Black top edition. It says it has "tuned track suspension". what all does that mean and if I lower it will it affect any "tuned" aspect of it?

·
Registered
2014 R/T Blacktop
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've looked pretty exhaustingly on the forums and Google but can't find anything that describes it exactly. Can anyone help explain this?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,672 Posts
I believe in 2014 the Blacktop package also includes STP. The "track tuned suspension" I believe included lower and stiffer springs and shocks, as well as bigger sway bars. If it indeed has STP, than you generally will get approximately 1/2" less drop than the lowering springs state, as the STP is already about 1/2" lower. I doubt you'd lose much if any handling. A lower center of gravity would also improve handling as opposed to degrading.

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 R/T Blacktop
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Guy,

Thanks for the info. I have a damaged front right strut. The dealership says I can use the Monroe quick strut assembly product to replace the damaged part, but I'm concerned it will not work quite right since it's not the same original parts that were installed at the manufacturer.
I have been looking at the Eibach pro-system lowering kit, but again there are concerns that it will not completely align. I have about 800$ to spend on parts. I have looked on the forums and the web for examples of people using the Eibach pro-system kit and it seems to work well. Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,672 Posts
My car, lowered on Pro springs only aligned, but only. Many do need additional parts. But the Eibach products are great. A Guy

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
+1 ran eibach sportline springs and camber kits car handled great. Highly recommend coilovers if you save $2-$300 more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts