Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see many Dodge Magnums crawling around on their bellies. In fact, I haven't seen one yet that looks to be as high up as my Challenger R/T.

Seeing as how Magnums and Challengers are the same car under the skin, I'm wondering what the difference is in the suspension components?

Is it my imagination?
Or can I lower my Challenger by installing Magnum parts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Actually the Magnums are based off the 300 platform, that's why you can interchange the front end on these. But anyways, to answer your question. There are several ways to lower, lowering springs, adjustable struts, or bags. Depending on how much you want to spend, adjustable struts are I believe 1500 bucks, lowering springs are 250, and bags, I don't know, never got into that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, you're saying the Magnum and the Challenger are in fact, not the same under the skin?
I remember Metalcrafters used a Magnum wagon on which to build the Challenger concept in 2006, and also the original Challenger Race car in 2007.
I know there's a lot of aftermarket parts to drop Challengers into the weeds, but I thought I'd see if there was an alternative...like the local parts department.

·
Banned
903 Posts
Well a relatively cheap way to lower the R/T is to buy take off suspension from an SRT for around $350-$500. Or depending on how much you want to spend you can go with aftermarket coil-overs starting around $1300 on upwards of $2000. I will have a full SRT suspension for sale in 2-3 weeks, strut's,springs & sway bars with 2400 miles on them that will bolt right on your R/T. I don't know first hand but I have read where many people say the difference in the handling on the SRT & R/T is night & day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts