Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me apoligize for starting another thread on this subject, but I didn't want to jump on someone elses with my silly questions,

After reading a few threads, I guess theres an issue with lowering a car that is equiped with STP, what is the issue? what is STP?

I had a 2010 SE that I lowered myself with a Eibach pro spring kit, but my understanding is this will not work on the 2011 as they changed the suspension. I forgot to mention that I traded in the 2010 SE for a 2011 R/T,

I do have the Electronic Stability Control but I don't think this is what is being talked about with STP.

I looked thru the wheels and rear shocks are black, and do have a label with the word Sachs on them, is this a issue with lowering?

I'm not looking for any "on track" performance gains, I just want to lower it to get rid of that insane fender/tire gap.

I looking for just springs, but is there need for extras bits and pieces being that its a R/T.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you are asking if your old 2010 springs that were on your SE will work on your 2011 RT then the answer is no. They are working on the pro-kit currently for the 2011 models and wont be out for another couple of months at least. I was told to call back at the end of summer and they will have a closer time table as to when they will be out for the SRT, RT, and SE. Sucks I wish they still fit from the year before, but they are so much different. I hate waiting for something to come out, seems like it takes ages.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the responce, that was one of the questions I was asking.

now, can someone explain to me what STP stands for, I'm pretty sure I don't have it, but some of the threads say if you have Sachs shocks then you do, and I have Sachs shocks but not mention of STP on the window sticker.

all I have is a RT 6sp with a 27M option package, if that helps anyone answer, oh and my passenger door handle doesn't do the passive entry thing anymore its only 8 days old darn it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the responce, that was one of the questions I was asking.

now, can someone explain to me what STP stands for, I'm pretty sure I don't have it, but some of the threads say if you have Sachs shocks then you do, and I have Sachs shocks but not mention of STP on the window sticker.

all I have is a RT 6sp with a 27M option package, if that helps anyone answer, oh and my passenger door handle doesn't do the passive entry thing anymore its only 8 days old darn it.
STP stands for Super Track Pak, it was a 495.00 option upgrading suspension,tires and brakes. It would be on your window sticker.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm told the 2011 is different then the 09/10 those springs won't work. if they fit then cool. let me know

·
Registered
607 Posts
They dont fit

·
Registered
284 Posts
I called the guys over at ST Suspensions and they have assured me they do. Dallas over in the tech department did some R&D a few weeks ago. The lowering rate is slightly different but it does work.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Do they lower the car more or less on the 2011? I'd like to lower our car but everything I see out there right now for the 2010 and prior, other than coilovers, goes too low.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts