Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you guys have put on lowering kits. I would like to put on the eibach sportline kit but have a few questions. I was thinking the complete kit with springs, shocks and sway bars but it is kind of expensive. Can you put on the springs but use your stock shocks and is the ride o.k.??? If you go with the eibach springs and stock shocks can you still add the sway bars???

·
Registered
629 Posts
Do not lower the car. Lowered cars look retarded. What is it needed for anyhow? Saving 0.1 seconds making that tricky turn into the 7-11 parking lot for a coffee on your way to work?

I hate the way lowered cars look!

·
Registered
145 Posts
1" lower with Mopar springs, 1.6" with Eibach. Aftermarket shocks and swaybars aren't needed, unless you want them for handling and high speed stability. Any lower than 2" might be risking bottoming out on speed bumps and driveways. And you WILL need to have the alignment checked and, if necessary adjusted.

Plenty of members here have done this and more, and it looks great to me. You gotta be willing to deal with warranty issues if you ever have to bring it back for service for suspension issues. But that's not likely if it's done right to begin with.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i'll let you know tomorrow, im going to Arringtons to get the sportline kit installed and a petty wing....i'll keep ya posted

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do not lower the car. Lowered cars look retarded. What is it needed for anyhow? Saving 0.1 seconds making that tricky turn into the 7-11 parking lot for a coffee on your way to work?

I hate the way lowered cars look!
Tim,
That my friend is a stupid post, lowered car ALWAYS look better. What would you do to a SRT-8 Raise it like a 4X4? Besides he not asking for an opinion of whether he should do it or not.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Just did a 2" drop on my SE and it looks 100000x better.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Lowering kit

I put the Eibach pro kit on my car and I was at the max of my ability for the alignment specs. If you go with the sport line then you will have no option but to then spend the money on new control arms either having to buy the Eibach or SPC as the Eibach are made by SPC fr the frontband new bushings for the rear. Also when I went with the pro kit I feel that it the max I would go and depending where you live there are laws governing minimum ground clearance. In Canada it is 104mm or 4 inches and no part of the car can be below the lowest point of the rim.

I would really consider how you plan to drive you car as mine is a daily driver and there is no way I would go lower, as it is I have to e careful over speed bumps.

Good luck on your choice

Todd

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
^^ I would say this depends on rims.. With my 2" drop and my 22s I have 0 issues over speedbumps or driveways.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I did the Eibach Pro Kit, and I love everything about it - the look, the ride and the handling.

I didn't do anything but the springs, after installing I had the alignment checked and it was fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
:redcap:
I did the Eibach Pro Kit, and I love everything about it - the look, the ride and the handling.

I didn't do anything but the springs, after installing I had the alignment checked and it was fine.
Looks great, IMO it's a perfect mix between looks, and function. Ma Mopar should have built them this way, the Pro Kit is the next thing on my list.

·
Registered
11 Posts
you said that you have used Eibach Pro Kit. I would ask you please about the spring you have used. How many inches you lowered your car, and what you mean by alignment checked?

·
Registered
11 Posts

you said that you have used Eibach Pro Kit. I would ask you please about the spring you have used. How many inches you lowered your car, and what you mean by alignment checked?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
The Eibach Pro Kit springs lower the car 1.1" front and back.

Anytime you do anything to the suspension of your car, you need to make sure that the alignment is still good or the car could pull or drift, you could get uneven tire wear, etc. Our cars don't have a ton of adjustment as-is, so some people that do a lowering kit get the "extras" so they have more options for getting it aligned properly.

After installing my Eibach Pro Kit, the alignment on mine was still 100% fine so I didn't need any of that. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

Thanks for all input on lowering springs. Well I went with the eibach sport kit with dampeners. It dropped the car every bit of 2" front and rear and really made the car look good. It took me about 4 hours to install and took it to Belle Tire for the alignment which cost me $69.00. Thanks again for the input everybody.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks for all input on lowering springs. Well I went with the eibach sport kit with dampeners. It dropped the car every bit of 2" front and rear and really made the car look good. It took me about 4 hours to install and took it to Belle Tire for the alignment which cost me $69.00. Thanks again for the input everybody.
Pics? :browsmiley:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yea monster post some pics. Wasnt thinking of doing something like this, but I would like to see how it looks and maybe ill change my mind. How much was the kit that you bought? And was it difficult to install?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eibach Sport-System

The pics are posted hope you enjoy. Purchased the kit from the TIRE RACK which is the cheapest place I found it online. The cost with shipping was $590.31 for the kit which includes the springs with matching shocks. Belle Tire did the (4) wheel alignment for $69.00 and also did the front struts for me at $20.00 each. I didn't have a spring compressor for that part of the job. Did it all with hand tools and jack stands. Thats why it took a while to complete.

Speedy's Garage

Check out this web site for complete video of the installation. He goes throught the entire process step by step and even gives you the torques you need for the nuts and bolts. I hope this helps you out????

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
The pics are posted hope you enjoy. Purchased the kit from the TIRE RACK which is the cheapest place I found it online. The cost with shipping was $590.31 for the kit which includes the springs with matching shocks. Belle Tire did the (4) wheel alignment for $69.00 and also did the front struts for me at $20.00 each. I didn't have a spring compressor for that part of the job. Did it all with hand tools and jack stands. Thats why it took a while to complete.

Speedy's Garage

Check out this web site for complete video of the installation. He goes throught the entire process step by step and even gives you the torques you need for the nuts and bolts. I hope this helps you out????
Damn looks great! I was thinking about getting the one that doesn't sit as low, but yours is nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 18 of 18 Posts