Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT392
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for feedback/suggestions on lowering springs for a 2016 SRT392 with the active suspension. I bought my SRT392 used and it came with the Mopar Stage 1 springs P5155436 , not installed. I have seen mixed answers if they will work with my setup with the active suspension. Thoughts/experience?

I want to get a full inch drop all the way around. I have read some say the P5155436 only gets 1/2" and causes other issues. Are Eibach, Vogtland, Pedders, Hotchkis, H&R, or any others better and get the full inch lower?

I plan on installing a Petty Enterprises front and rear sway bar when doing springs. I will be doing other suspension parts like links, trailing arms, control arms, etc. at later times as I dont have the ability to do everything at once.

Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Went with KW adjustable springs on mine. Super happy after over 25K miles on them. No real change in the stock ride but cornering is better. Dropped a fuzz over an inch and rear camber is off a little but no noticeable adverse tire wear. Keep in mind your shock travel will be reduced somewhat so careful on those hard bumps :)

1023b 2.jpg

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
@MiHiHemi, car looks DOPE! That is how I want mine to sit. I posted earlier for input on lowering and closing up wheel gap. You car has the stance I like.

Reactions: MiHiHemi

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
@MiHiHemi, car looks DOPE! That is how I want mine to sit. I posted earlier for input on lowering and closing up wheel gap. You car has the stance I like.
I recently went with 11” wide x 20 wheels and 305/35 tires in back (285/35 front). Still fits inside the fender and no issues being lowered.

Lance Scott CDCC @ CSP g.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT392
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently went with 11” wide x 20 wheels and 305/35 tires in back (285/35 front). Still fits inside the fender and no issues being lowered.

View attachment 991866
Thanks for the information on the KW and going to the 11" wide rims. Are those the factory 1320 10 spoke rims or something different? Did you throw any codes with the active suspension? I had a read a couple of articles stating it is possible to have fault codes.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
21,579 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Thanks for the information on the KW and going to the 11" wide rims. Are those the factory 1320 10 spoke rims or something different? Did you throw any codes with the active suspension? I had a read a couple of articles stating it is possible to have fault codes.
I have Velgen “lightweight” wheels on there now. Went for many miles on stock 9.5” wheels with 285’s and no issues. Now with the 305’s in back, I can really see how camber has been affected. Going to my local performance shop next week for a bushing kit or trailing arms to get it dialed back in.

Never any codes though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts