Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a quote today to have lowering springs and front and rear sway bars installed on my 2018 Scat Pack for $1150 out the door, this includes a four wheel alignment, and will be done by a reputable performance shop in the Atlanta area. The shop is injected engineering if anyone has experience with them.

Is this a reasonable number? For this install? They also want to charge $750 to install upper and lower rear control arms and rear trailing arms, but I don't think they understood I would do it at the same time, so I think this quote is a little high, will probably get a re-quote if I decide to do it all at once. I wouldn't expect an additional $750 since they would already have everything apart anyway.

Are these prices in-line with what others have paid or are they high? Anyone know of another good shop around the Atlanta area as well?

I would rather install it all myself but having to drop the cradle to install the rear parts has me a little concerned.

Edit: Just dropped a buddy off at a local auto shop. The owner builds twin turbo hot rods, corvettes, etc. Gave me a written quote of $750ish for the springs and sways, seems a lot more reasonable, and it is way closer to me. Probably gonna go here unless someone thinks this is still too high.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Got a quote today to have lowering springs and front and rear sway bars installed on my 2018 Scat Pack for $1150 out the door, this includes a four wheel alignment, and will be done by a reputable performance shop in the Atlanta area. The shop is injected engineering if anyone has experience with them.

Is this a reasonable number? For this install? They also want to charge $750 to install upper and lower rear control arms and rear trailing arms, but I don't think they understood I would do it at the same time, so I think this quote is a little high, will probably get a re-quote if I decide to do it all at once. I wouldn't expect an additional $750 since they would already have everything apart anyway.

Are these prices in-line with what others have paid or are they high? Anyone know of another good shop around the Atlanta area as well?

I would rather install it all myself but having to drop the cradle to install the rear parts has me a little concerned.

Edit: Just dropped a buddy off at a local auto shop. The owner builds twin turbo hot rods, corvettes, etc. Gave me a written quote of $750ish for the springs and sways, seems a lot more reasonable, and it is way closer to me. Probably gonna go here unless someone thinks this is still too high.
Is the 750 with alignment? I had drop springs and front/rear sways installed on my SP done for 500.00 + 129.00 for alignment. Shops should just charge you the hourly going rate and it shouldn't take more than 5 hours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the 750 with alignment? I had drop springs and front/rear sways installed on my SP done for 500.00 + 129.00 for alignment. Shops should just charge you the hourly going rate and it shouldn't take more than 5 hours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The $750 includes an sway bars, lowering springs, and alignment. The shop today said it would take about 7 hours to do the springs and the sway bars. I also might buy the upper and lower rear control arms and rear trailing arms at the same time, the shop owner said he wouldn't charge for the rear springs since they'd already have the sub-frame dropped for the sway bar, so I could probably swing the control arms and trailing arms for only a little more cost.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Seems a little high to me. You said you'd do it yourself but are concerned about dropping the cradle....do you have much experience working on cars and have a good place to do it? If so dropping the cradle to install those parts is not a big deal. I did mine all by myself on jackstands. You don't have to take it all the way out to do the sway bar, just lower enough to be able to get to the mounts and fish the bar out. Something to think about if your inclined.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems a little high to me. You said you'd do it yourself but are concerned about dropping the cradle....do you have much experience working on cars and have a good place to do it? If so dropping the cradle to install those parts is not a big deal. I did mine all by myself on jackstands. You don't have to take it all the way out to do the sway bar, just lower enough to be able to get to the mounts and fish the bar out. Something to think about if your inclined.

I am mechanically inclined, I've been working on cars my whole life. Just a little daunting to do it on a brand new car by myself. Especially since it's my daily driver and I don't have a bunch of time to be fighting with it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I am mechanically inclined, I've been working on cars my whole life. Just a little daunting to do it on a brand new car by myself. Especially since it's my daily driver and I don't have a bunch of time to be fighting with it.
I know what you mean. I had the same reservations myself about doing that the first time. If you do it on a Saturday or a day off you'll have it done in just a couple hours and that's taking your time to make sure everything is correct. I think it took me 3-4 to swap mine out first time. I think if I did it again I could easily do it in less than 2. Hardest part honestly is fishing that sucker thru there the right way it needs to clear everything.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean. I had the same reservations myself about doing that the first time. If you do it on a Saturday or a day off you'll have it done in just a couple hours and that's taking your time to make sure everything is correct. I think it took me 3-4 to swap mine out first time. I think if I did it again I could easily do it in less than 2. Hardest part honestly is fishing that sucker thru there the right way it needs to clear everything.

Yeah, I mean if I do it myself I'm tempted to do everything while I'm in there anyway. Upper and lower control arms, cradle bushings, trailing arms, etc. Thinking about it, for the cost of the install I can buy more parts lol. You know the saying, go big or go home... I might just have to convince my buddy to help me, I mean I have fixed his camaro about 100 times, I think he owes me one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts