Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger 2020 plus Blacktop Edition
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to install Mopar lowering springs in my 2020 Challenger Blacktop edition R/T someone know about some good shop in Miami to install this?

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
I dont know of a shop near Miami, but when I installed stageones, several local shops refused to do so, unless they actually ordered the springs themselves.
Liability was my guess, so just a heads up to perhaps call around and ask before buying them and assuming a shop will do the install with owner supplied springs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know of a shop near Miami, but when I installed stageones, several local shops refused to do so, unless they actually ordered the springs themselves.
Liability was my guess, so just a heads up to perhaps call around and ask before buying them and assuming a shop will do the install with owner supplied springs.
I already bought the springs in the dealer for the warranty but I don’t found some shop to make it

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
277 Posts
Buy a floor jack and a spring compresser and go for it. You can likely do it for less than what a shop would charge, and you get to keep the floor jack and spring tool. And, no one else will be touching your car. Win-win.

Cheers!

JD

·
Registered
98 Posts
do you have tools and a place to work? air helps on the upper strut seat center bolt and the spring compressor, but not 100% necessary - ill be down that way next week and could bring my spring compressor and help you do it if you have the space and tools - are there any shops that rent space by the hour there? Why didnt you have the dealer do it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you have tools and a place to work? air helps on the upper strut seat center bolt and the spring compressor, but not 100% necessary - ill be down that way next week and could bring my spring compressor and help you do it if you have the space and tools - are there any shops that rent space by the hour there? Why didnt you have the dealer do it?
I understand you but I’m not mechanic,there are many shops that could be make this job but I need recommendations ,the dealer is very expensive to make it

·
Registered
98 Posts
Call Speedlogix and ask them for a referral - I bet they know all the HP shops in south florida. if your searching online, most independent shops that sell tires and do allignments also do undercar work - check reviews and try one of them - its really not a hard job

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Call Speedlogix and ask them for a referral - I bet they know all the HP shops in south florida. if your searching online, most independent shops that sell tires and do allignments also do undercar work - check reviews and try one of them - its really not a hard job
Thank you I founded a place to make this.
To alignment I need to run my car like 3 or 4 days?

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you want to get it alligned after (most people do not) It will settle after a short drive - can be done the same day. Dont forget to post pics before and after!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you want to get it alligned after (most people do not) It will settle after a short drive - can be done the same day. Dont forget to post pics before and after!
Someone recommended me to drive 3 or 4 days before alignment this is correct?

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
The shop I am taking my car on the Dec 28th told me I can get a-lined after they install the springs
Text Font Parallel Electric blue Material property
Rectangle Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I know, I’m installing today my springs in performance shop and they told me to use the car 3-4 days before alignment so that the springs fit
What are you think this is correct?

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
539 Posts
@Pazo I live in Miami as well. There was a shop one of our local Dodge dealers recommended to me and does good work. It’s called Maranello Collision. They’re on US1 by Coral Gables. Give them a call and see if they can do this type of job, if not they can recommend you someone that can. 305-665-7556

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Pazo I live in Miami as well. There was a shop one of our local Dodge dealers recommended to me and does good work. It’s called Maranello Collision. They’re on US1 by Coral Gables. Give them a call and see if they can do this type of job, if not they can recommend you someone that can. 305-665-7556
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
I had mine aligned just after the springs were installed. My car did not "settle" at all. But waiting a few days won't hurt, as long as you have the time

A Guy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had mine aligned just after the springs were installed. My car did not "settle" at all. But waiting a few days won't hurt, as long as you have the time

A Guy
I already install the springs yesterday on Monday I’m going to alignment

1 - 19 of 19 Posts