Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
i am looking to lower my 2012 srt8 challenger. i have been searching this site but dont see much info on whether there is a kit out there and if it affects the sport mode. thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i am looking to lower my 2012 srt8 challenger. i have been searching this site but dont see much info on whether there is a kit out there and if it affects the sport mode. thanks.
Mopar Lowering Springs. Part #: P5155426. $257 (you can source them at for a few bucks less).

Works with Sport Mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mopar Lowering Springs. Part #: P5155426. $257 (you can source them at for a few bucks less).

Works with Sport Mode.
Fins... did you install these Mopar lowering springs? If so, how much drop did you get and any ride impact?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Fins... did you install these Mopar lowering springs? If so, how much drop did you get and any ride impact?
Yes, I've been dropped for over a week now. The ride is firm but compliant. No issues with these springs whatsoever. I've posted this photo on another thread but I'll post again. I'm looking for the rears to drop another 1/8 - 3/8.
Currently a 2" gap between tire and center of rear wheel arch and 1" gap at the front.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Yes, I've been dropped for over a week now. The ride is firm but compliant. No issues with these springs whatsoever. I've posted this photo on another thread but I'll post again. I'm looking for the rears to drop another 1/8 - 3/8.
Currently a 2" gap between tire and center of rear wheel arch and 1" gap at the front.

Looks great, do you mind if I reuse your pic, we always have customers asking for after pics with these installed

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks great, do you mind if I reuse your pic, we always have customers asking for after pics with these installed
No problem

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK everyone please be careful, I just put these springs on my 2012 SRT8 and the before measurement was 29.5" front 30.5" back ground to center of wheel well before and 29.25 and 30.25 after install alignment and 60 mile settle in drive! $500 installed for a .25" drop didn't cut it for me! Dodge was nice enough to replace my stock springs and return my money!!! Thank You Kevin Hoag! I would still love to drop my car an inch or so but now I don't know what to use....any ideas???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Fins.... and thanks kcssrt. I had some concern after comparing Fins pics with profile pics of my SRT8. Kc's measurement confirmed what I feared. Definitely would like more than .25" drop as well. Not sure on a solution. Eibach's site says they are developing a kit, not sure on timing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just installed the Mopar springs on my 2012 srt8 and definitely got better results than 0.25", I'd say 0.75" on mine. It looks and handles much better. In my personal opinion, it's the perfect stance for the SRT. Now, when I receive my Rushforth 22" wheels in a couple of weeks I'll be able to tell for sure, because I'll be able to really see if the wheels are visually filling the body effectively enough.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just installed the Mopar springs on my 2012 srt8 and definitely got better results than 0.25", I'd say 0.75" on mine. It looks and handles much better. In my personal opinion, it's the perfect stance for the SRT. Now, when I receive my Rushforth 22" wheels in a couple of weeks I'll be able to tell for sure, because I'll be able to really see if the wheels are visually filling the body effectively enough.
The springs were advertised for a 21mm drop front/rear (.83"). I'm almost there -- not fully settled (i have 150lbs of sand in the trunk!)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ditto :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
The springs were advertised for a 21mm drop front/rear (.83"). I'm almost there -- not fully settled (i have 150lbs of sand in the trunk!)
Any further settling in the past couple of weeks Fins?

I really want to lower the back only but so much chatter about is messing things up that now I am thinking to just leave it alone...

·
Registered
309 Posts
For you all who want a little bit more, check the H&R springs! I have a 2011 but I installed these springs and I love it! I also went to 22 to fill the wheel space! My car has the true muscle car look of old!

HULK 7 Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts

I really want to lower the back only but so much chatter about is messing things up that now I am thinking to just leave it alone...
After approx 6 weeks the gap in the front wheel well of my 2012 SRT is now about 1.5" and the rear is approx 1.75". Don't know how much it's dropped. I'm running the forged alloy factory option wheels on F1 supercar tires.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
309 Posts
So cal is correct about the drop! When mine was installed they stated that my drop would be 1.4 in the front and 1.7 in the rear! But I have H&R springs and I'm pleased with the effect I received! Everywhere I go people are staring!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts

Yep. Another 1/8" up front and 1/4" rear. Loving the stance. Not too aggressive.

·
Registered
192 Posts
so cal is correct about the drop! When mine was installed they stated that my drop would be 1.4 in the front and 1.7 in the rear! But i have h&r springs and i'm pleased with the effect i received! Everywhere i go people are staring!!!!

Hulk 7 sent from my autoguide ipad app

sweeeet!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Classy. Not ghetto. I like it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Classy. Not ghetto. I like it.

Thanks SoCal I hate when they put those over sized rims on a challenger and make the car look like a damn truck!!! Challengers where meant to be aggressive!

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Yep. Another 1/8" up front and 1/4" rear. Loving the stance. Not too aggressive.

So the final actual drop ended up being about .7 front and .8 inches rear???

21 - 40 of 52 Posts