Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running Lower Springs on 275/40/20 .... 9 inch wheels

I ordered these but a little worried now!!!

BMR Suspension Performance Lowering Springs 2008-2018 Dodge Challenger
Performance Lowering Springs
  • 2008-2018 Dodge Challenger
  • Front: 1 1/4 in. Drop
  • Rear: 1 1/4 in. Drop
  • Red

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
I have seen people with your same setup lowered as much as 2" with no rubbing issues on stock 9" wheels (or aftermarket wheels with correct offset). I believe you will have no problem

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
It's funny how we wait years sometimes to get a mod, but once we order it, we want it now! I'm sure once they come and you get them on, all will be forgotten ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
These cars look great lowered. Only problem is that rear camber issue. Dropped mine a fuzz over an inch then added a Bwoody kit to get the camber dialed back in.

·
Super Moderator
15,559 Posts
Your '08 will be in the range such as an '11 SRT would have been for OEM spec.

the '08 - '10 pretty much had zero camber - the '11+ increased negative camber for better handling.

you'll like the look after getting rid of the high ride height - even SRT8s in the '08 - '10 while lower than other trims, still had big gaps. 1 1/2" drop gets you lower but gives a little more forgiveness for driveways vs. 2" which you have to be more careful.

One thing - watch out for parking curbs - your front splitter will be lower than those. You won't clear them any more

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
^^^ Yep, I put Kooks long tubes on mine and had the shop weld small skid plates on the bottom just in case :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's funny how we wait years sometimes to get a mod, but once we order it, we want it now! I'm sure once they come and you get them on, all will be forgotten ;)

A Guy
so true, springs arrived Friday but couldn't get an appoinment until tuesday afternoon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your '08 will be in the range such as an '11 SRT would have been for OEM spec.

the '08 - '10 pretty much had zero camber - the '11+ increased negative camber for better handling.

you'll like the look after getting rid of the high ride height - even SRT8s in the '08 - '10 while lower than other trims, still had big gaps. 1 1/2" drop gets you lower but gives a little more forgiveness for driveways vs. 2" which you have to be more careful.

One thing - watch out for parking curbs - your front splitter will be lower than those. You won't clear them any more
thanks, appointment Tuesday for insatll. i'll post pics.....

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
361 Posts
These cars look great lowered. Only problem is that rear camber issue. Dropped mine a fuzz over an inch then added a Bwoody kit to get the camber dialed back in.
Can you elaborate on that Bwoody kit? I know Eibach makes a camber fix as well.which is just pretty much new bushings with a 1 or 3% fix.
I may or may not need it, waiting to see more back tire wear to decide.

Is your camber now straight up with the front end? I guess that would be zero?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Can you elaborate on that Bwoody kit? I know Eibach makes a camber fix as well.which is just pretty much new bushings with a 1 or 3% fix.
I may or may not need it, waiting to see more back tire wear to decide.

Is your camber now straight up with the front end? I guess that would be zero?
I had a whole suspension kit installed for track days. You can save the coin on just a bushing kit to dial things back in. I was out 2 1/2 degrees in back. Looked like a lowered VW bug! Now perfectly plumb.

I really noticed it when I went from 285’s to 305’s. Had traction like I was on 235’s :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts